Resort Night Auditor Barnsley Resort +4 more
- Date Posted June 19, 2017
- Location Adairsville, GA
- Category Business
- Job Type Full-Time
About Barnsley Resort in Adairsville, Georgia:
At Barnsley Resort we believe in creating unique, authentic experiences for our guests and the same is true for our colleagues. Whether seeking a new opportunity or the next step in a hospitality career, joining our team of colleagues offers the opportunity to work in a world-class resort environment. Barnsley Resort, nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, is home to a luxurious spa, championship golf course, horseback riding, fishing, sporting clays course, hunting plantation and both fine and casual dining restaurants. The resort is a member of the Southern Living Hotel Collection and has been named one of the "10 Best Southern Resorts" by USA Today, "The World's Best Places To Stay" by Conde Nast Traveler, "10 Best Spas in Atlanta" by USA Today, as well as one of The Knot s "Best Wedding Venues". Barnsley Resort's unique cottage style setting has become the preferred destination of many. We look forward to your consideration in making Barnsley Resort your preferred employer.
Barnsley Resort is a Drug Free Workplace. Drug testing is required for employment.Job Description
Reports to: Front Office Manager
Department: Guest Services
Scope and General Purpose:
The Night Auditor is responsible for performing a variety of guest services activities in an exceptionally friendly, professional and efficient manner commensurate with the demands of a world-class resort. Provides information about resort offerings, makes guest reservations for overnight stays, registers guests, assigns rooms, settles guest accounts and coordinates with other departments to satisfy guest requests. Exceeds expectations by proactively anticipating guest needs.
- Welcomes and serves all guests in an efficient, courteous and friendly manner whether face to face, on the phone or via email.
- Handles all guest complaints, comments, observations and complaints in a timely and effective manner, achieving guest satisfaction.
- Reserves, registers and checks out guests completely, following the procedures and policies set up for this process
- Works closely with Overnight Bell Attendant to accommodate guest requests, gift deliveries, luggage assistance, valet service and escorts.
- Communicates with Night Security to help ensure guest safety during normal operation and in case of emergency.
- Utilizes proper selling techniques and strategies to maximize room and outlet revenues.
- Ensures proactive building of guest history.
- Processes credit card authorizations for each guest upon arrival and as needed during stay.
- Prepares daily billing documents for outlets to use the next day.
- Accurately post charges to group, guest, member and house accounts.
- Forward messages to departments with regards to guest requests and expectations and to follow up on requests with the guest via email, phone, radio and/or trace system.
- Ensures the accuracy of billing for each guest.
- Accurately accounts the daily bank issuance.
- Orders room drop items and ensures ancillary charges are scheduled appropriately.
- Runs nightly audit and separates guest tickets.
- Maintains accurate house account Excel spreadsheets.
- Runs various sales reports after outlets are close for the day and processes the data into daily revenue reports.
- Processes and reconciles daily service charge breakdown spreadsheet.
- Completes daily administrative tasks.
- Room guests when necessary.
- Keep work area tidy and attractive
- Other duties as assigned.
- Secondary Diploma Required. College Experience an asset.
- Excellent phone and communication skills in English.
- Excellent guest relations skills. Must love people!
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- An eye for detail.
- Ability to count and maintain bank balance.
- A good knowledge of the surrounding areas.
- Computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook required. Facility in Microsoft Access and Maestro PMS and asset.
- Must be able to work a nine (9) hour shift overnight (10pm-7am).
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Must complete a 60 day trial period, which includes position certification, and recertification yearly.
- Essential duties require long periods of standing or sitting, hearing, speaking, reading from a computer screen and keyboarding. The employee must have normal vision (corrected) including close and color vision, hearing and verbal communication. Must be able to frequently lift and carry items up to 20 lbs. and occasionally items up to 75 lbs
Duties are typically performed in an indoor setting; however, duties may be assigned periodically which
take place out of doors and in the elements.. Incoming calls are frequent, work is fast paced and the noise level is moderate to loud. It's a lot of fun, though!
This Job Description reflects management's assessment of essential functions; however, it does not prescribe nor restrict the tasks that may be assignedCompensation this position is PAID: salaried, less than 50k How to apply Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline