Assistant Food & Beverage Manager Barnsley Resort +4 more
- Date Posted June 19, 2017
- Location Adairsville, GA
- Category Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
About Barnsley Resort in Adairsville, Georgia:
At Barnsley Resort we believe in creating unique, authentic experiences for our guests and the same is true for our colleagues. Whether seeking a new opportunity or the next step in a hospitality career, joining our team of colleagues offers the opportunity to work in a world-class resort environment. Barnsley Resort, nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, is home to a luxurious spa, championship golf course, horseback riding, fishing, sporting clays course, hunting plantation and both fine and casual dining restaurants. The resort is a member of the Southern Living Hotel Collection and has been named one of the "10 Best Southern Resorts" by USA Today, "The World's Best Places To Stay" by Conde Nast Traveler, "10 Best Spas in Atlanta" by USA Today, as well as one of The Knot s "Best Wedding Venues". Barnsley Resort's unique cottage style setting has become the preferred destination of many. We look forward to your consideration in making Barnsley Resort your preferred employer.
Barnsley Resort is a Drug Free Workplace. Drug testing is required for employment.Job Description
Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
Reports to: Food & Beverage Manager
Executive Chef/ Sous Chefs/Restaurant Cooks
Restaurant supervisors/Manager and Catering Managers
Other Departmental Managers
Scope and General Purpose:
Assist in the organization, management and administration of all operational aspects for the Food and Beverage Outlets sharing their passion for food & beverage, high level of service standards, business acumen and a commitment to build highly effective teams in order to maintain the creativity and service levels expected of a luxury resort.
- Assist in scheduling reservations and parties or special events in Private dining rooms. Ensure that all aspects are communicated to the culinary team and to all other managers in the F&B department to ensure all details are correctly maintained.
- Manage the Silverware system with the host staff, ensuring accuracy of all guest reservations and shift reservations. Assist Host staff with greeting and seating guests during peak times of operation.
- Planning and coordinating menus as necessary for large party dining as well as private dining.
- Performs an accurate monthly inventory as well as random inventories throughout each month, utilizing approved spreadsheets and/or inventory programs.
- Maintains proper inventory levels of wines, other beverages, equipment, glassware and supplies.
- Ensures the appropriate handling, storage, and security of wine, liquor and other beverages and maintains cigar inventory and humidors.
- Provides timely submissions to the Marketing Department for social media outlets.
- Manages Jencess pricing.
- Meeting and greeting customers and organizing table reservations.
- Approaches all encounters with guests and team members in a friendly, service-oriented manner
- Maintains floor presence and directs colleagues, engaging in all aspects of service during restaurant service hours and assist in advising customers on menu and wine choice.
- Engage guests with intelligent conversation regarding their time at the resort and their F&B experiences
- Responding to customer complaints.
- Assists the Restaurant Manager with the development of each F&B outlet through training programs, regularly scheduled departmental meetings, daily line ups, and coach and counseling sessions.
- Organize all documentation for shift work on a daily basis including pre-shift reports, daily training topics, shift floor plan, requisitions for beverage, food and sundries and manage colleagues on a daily basis through the Paycom time management system.
- Ensure all staff are meeting all established standards of service. Monitor and test service skills of staff, retrain and reinforce all standards on food and quality and service details daily. Provide feedback and appraisals as necessary.
- Plan and conduct meetings for outlets on a monthly basis to ensure staff is correctly communicated with and that staff are consistently trained and well motivated. Attend interdepartmental meetings to ensure good cross communication between departments.
- Maintains and updates service standards as directed by the food and beverage director and Restaurant Manager.
- Assist in the development of marketing initiatives, menu items, and other items to stimulate growth in sales for each outlet and a variety of latest market developments.
- Assist the Restaurant Manager with planning, organizing and executing "member promotions" and specials.
Finance & Administration:
- Be aware of and assist to control current budgeted and forecasted revenues, payroll, and product costs.
- Ensure all current Accounting and Human Resources policies are being adhered to. Report any issues or grievances to the Director of Restaurants and or Human Resources.
- Assist in maintaining all Silverware programming for food and beverage outlets.
- Preparing reports at the end of the shift/week, including staff control, food control and sales.
- Recruiting, training and motivating staff.
- Assists the restaurant manager with payroll and scheduling of colleagues.
- Hold each colleague accountable to the service standards and take appropriate disciplinary actions as necessary.
- Participates in weekly meetings with F&B management, offering updates on program additions, omissions, and provide forward vision for beverage program.
- Accurately perform administrative tasks as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Ability Requirements
- College experience is an asset but not required.
- Two to Three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with knowledge of food service operations and a variety of styles of services.
- Working knowledge of wines, other beverages and their proper service, Point of Sales (POS) systems and operations, knowledge of health, safety and beverage service regulations.
- Excellent communication and guest relation skills in English.
- The ability to work well with a large group of people in a team environment.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, days, weekends and holidays.
Essential duties require long periods of standing and walking as well as frequent reaching and kneeling, pushing, pulling, carrying, lifting and moving objects 50 lbs or more without assistance. The employee must have normal vision (corrected), hearing and verbal communication.
Duties are typically performed in an indoor setting; however duties may be assigned periodically which take place out of doors and in the elements.
This Job Description reflects management's assessment of essential functions; however it does not prescribe nor restrict the tasks that may be assigned.Compensation this position is PAID: salaried, less than 50k How to apply Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline