Restaurant Kitchen Steward Barnsley Resort
- Date Posted June 19, 2017
- Location Adairsville, GA
- Category Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
About Barnsley Resort in Adairsville, Georgia:
At Barnsley Resort we believe in creating unique, authentic experiences for our guests and the same is true for our colleagues. Whether seeking a new opportunity or the next step in a hospitality career, joining our team of colleagues offers the opportunity to work in a world-class resort environment. Barnsley Resort, nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, is home to a luxurious spa, championship golf course, horseback riding, fishing, sporting clays course, hunting plantation and both fine and casual dining restaurants. The resort is a member of the Southern Living Hotel Collection and has been named one of the “10 Best Southern Resorts” by USA Today, "The World's Best Places To Stay" by Conde Nast Traveler, “10 Best Spas in Atlanta” by USA Today, as well as one of The Knot s "Best Wedding Venues". Barnsley Resort's unique cottage style setting has become the preferred destination of many. We look forward to your consideration in making Barnsley Resort your preferred employer.
Barnsley Resort is a Drug Free Workplace. Drug testing is required for employment.Job Description
The Kitchen Steward is required to maintain the kitchen and surrounding areas in a clean and sanitary manner by following the cleaning schedules and adhering to the Health & Hygiene Regulations and Company policy and procedures.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service Report for duty punctually, in the correct uniform, clean and neatly pressed with your name-tag clearly visible.
- Liaise with the Stewarding Supervisor or Kitchen Supervisor on duty for specific instructions/requests.
- Carry out duties as assigned, also refer to cleaning schedules and perform the necessary duties.
- Collect the appropriate cleaning materials and equipment from Stewarding Supervisor.
- Check equipment daily to ensure they are in good working condition and promptly report any defects/malfunctions to the Stewarding Supervisor or a senior person.
- Assist in the set up and break down of service areas for all special functions (buffet, barbecue, etc).
- Cleans stoves, ovens, grills, refrigerators, and using cleaning solutions, brushes and wash cloths.
- Washes utensils, such as pots, pans, and trays by hand using cleaning detergents. Washes dishware, glasses, and cutlery by hand or machine. Occasionally polishes utensils. Drains dries and stacks items after washing.
- Transports food supplies, such as meats, vegetables, fruits, and canned foods from storeroom or freezer, using trolley/basket to kitchen. Returns surplus food to storeroom or freezer.
- May assist with food preparation, such as blending soups, washing and peeling vegetables and shellfish.
- Assist in the set up and break down of service areas for all special functions (buffet, barbecue, etc.)
- May help set up barbecue equipment such as charcoal pits and food warmers. May assist with floral decorations.
- Understand and practice the principles of environmental stewardship throughout the hotels.
- Recycle all vegetable and fruit peelings, and eggshells to make composting.
- Any other reasonable requests made by Management.
- Assist Food & Beverage management team with stock-take as requested.
- Assist in transporting of food, beverage and other items to and from the kitchen.
- Assist kitchen team in replenishing food items, crockery, cutlery, etc, on special functions/busy periods.
- Attend Department meetings as requested.
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps