Why do I have to sign-in?
How do I register?
- Click the My Account button on the top right corner of any page, and select the option to Sign In / Join. The pop-up window will show the Sign In area, and you'll need to click the word 'Join' directly adjacent to 'Sign In'. Fill out our registration form and voila! If you have any questions, we'd love to hear from you.
Why can’t I sign-in?
- That’s peculiar! Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll assist you ASAP.
Can I post my resume?
- We don't offer the ability to post resumes at this time. We feel that directly applying to open positions encourages interaction and communication. The job search process can be taxing, but we feel that taking action and being proactive in your search always pays off.
I love your website and your mission. Can I work for Good Food Jobs?
- We love you, too. And we appreciate the support. We’re still a growing company and don’t have any paid positions available at the moment. But keep your eyes peeled, because as soon we do, they’ll be posted front and center at goodfoodjobs.com.
I signed up and applied to job postings, but I’m still unemployed. Help.
- We know it’s tough out there! That’s why we created this website in the first place. It may take some time, but don’t give up. New postings are arriving every day. If you have any specific questions, don't hesitate to reach out to email@example.com. We promise there are real people there (just two of us) waiting to give you some one-on-one support.
What's the deal with these email alerts, anyway?
What are Email alerts?
When you’re searching for the perfect position, it's easy to get anxious about missing it, so we've set up a safety net just for you. Set your search criteria, click on the Search Jobs button to get your search results. You'll see a blue GET EMAIL ALERTS button on the left side of the search results. (Hopefully we’ve designed it so that you can’t miss it, but if you’re lost, let us know). Click on that button and you'll be guided through saving your search. It only takes a few clicks to guarantee that your dream job won’t pass you by. What are you waiting for? Start searching!
How often will I receive email alerts?
No more than once a day, and only then if new jobs posted within a 24 hour period match your special search criteria. Free advice: keep in mind that broader searches will yield more frequent results, while more obscure search criteria might have you hearing from us only once in a while.
Can I save my searches?
We’re so glad you asked. As a matter of fact, you can. When you sign up for an email alert it will automatically save your search under your MY ACCOUNT page. You have the flexibility to manage your alerts by heading into MY ACCOUNT and clicking on the MY EMAIL ALERTS link, where you can exercise your rights to turn your email alerts on and off, delete your saved searches, or simply click on the search to retrieve the most up-to-date results to your query.
Can I save more than once search?
We’re not stingy on storage - save as many as you like. If you find your inbox cluttered (lucky you!) simply turn the email alerts on and off as you please (see above for instructions on how to access your saved searches).
I changed my mind! How can I change my search criteria?
Decision-making is tough. We understand. While you can’t alter the existing saved searches from your MY ACCOUNT page, you can simply delete the unwanted search and start a new one from scratch. It's fast and easy, unlike choosing between ice cream flavors…
I found a job! I don’t need my saved searches anymore.
Congratulations! Celebrate by deleting your search in MY ACCOUNT, under the EMAIL ALERTS tab - just click the "X" on the right side of each individual search. What a satisfying experience.
How much does it cost to post a job?
- $60 for 60 days. If you anticipate posting 5+ jobs over the next 12 months check out our bulk jobs discount. Buy now and reap the benefits all year long.
Why isn’t it free?
- We've done a lot of work to customize this site to your necessity and desire, and we sweat continually to spread the word far and wide to the most qualified applicants in and out of the food world. Your purchase of a job post pays for these special services, and we pledge to provide value through excellent design, function and customer service. If you don’t have a pleasant time here, we’ll eat our words.
How do I pay for my post?
- By credit card only. We accept Visa, Mastercard, and American Express.
Do you offer discounts for schools, non-profits, farms, and small food businesses?
- As a matter of fact, we do! We don’t have an advertised discount rate, but drop us a line and tell us about your organization so that we can craft a special discount rate just for you.
Can I post internships, temporary positions, one-time events, and other idiosyncratic opportunities?
- We love variety. If you’ve got it, we’ll post it (provided it complies with our editorial policy.)
Why isn’t my job posting published automatically?
- Sorry for the delay! As it states in the terms & conditions you agreed to when posting the job, we review and approve every single posting in order to ensure quality and compliance with the Good Food Jobs editorial policy. It’s a lot of work, but it ensures the best possible job search experience for our users.
Can I edit my post after it’s been published?
- Yes, indeed. Access your posts through the MY ACCOUNT button on the top right side of your screen. Don't see MY ACCOUNT? It's probably because you aren't signed in, or have not yet created a job posting. Once we know it's you, we'll let you access the MY ACCOUNT button.
Can I upload a standard application form?
Absolutely. Select the option to upload a PDF with your job description on the Post a Job page (right under the Job Description box).
Can I re-post a job description that I used in the past?
- You sure can. Visit MY ACCOUNT and click on the My Jobs link. Select the job you want to re-post, and you'll be directed to the Preview page for that job, where you'll see a link to 'Revise and Repost'.
What kind of response to my job posting should I anticipate?
101,122 users are registered with Good Food Jobs. We target job seekers with passion, integrity, and a desire to enact positive change. That's why our claim to fame is 'quality over quantity'. You may not get a slew of immediate responses, but within a couple of weeks you should have heard only from applicants that you would be willing to interview.
If you don’t find the right candidate through Good Food Jobs, please let us know so we can issue your refund. We'd also love for you to try again, so ask us for a free trial code while you're at it!
What happens if my listing expires and I haven’t found the right person yet?
- Trust us: they’re out there. We hear from them every day. It could be the wrong timing or your job description may need a little tweaking. Either way, we invite you to re-post the job in MY ACCOUNT by clicking on the expired job and selecting the 'Revise and Repost' option. Before you do, get in touch and ask us for a free trial code to renew the post!
I got such great responses that I filled the job immediately. How can I remove my posting?
Yippee! We encourage you to mark your position as 'filled', which leaves it live on our site until its expiration date, but removes the How to Apply information, so your inbox won't get cluttered. Why should you bother? Because it's free advertising for your company. Many of our users comb through job listings to find out about great organizations that they might want to patronize or work for some time in the future.
Mark your position as filled by clicking on My Account from the top right corner of any page and selecting My Jobs. You'll see a link to mark the position filled directly under the job title.
You guys aren’t as great as you think you are. Can I get a refund?
- Your satisfaction is guaranteed. Please fill out and submit the information below to receive an immediate refund.
Your website is beautiful! Who did your graphic design?
Why thank you. We’re glad you like it. Over the years, we've worked with a variety of talented graphic designers, including our current web producer Efy Tal of WebInhabit, and our very own co-founder, Dorothy Neagle.
Your website functions so well! Who built the site for you?
- How do you know we’re not technologically savvy enough to build this ourselves? Ok, you’re right – we know nothing about HTML coding. The functionality/programming of our site is thanks to the talented folks at Webinhabit. Go ahead – let them know that you love them.
I love the photography on the home page slideshow! Who are the photographers?
We used work from several different photographers, all of whom are excellent and highly recommended:
Roger Amundsen www.rogeralanamundsen.com
Brake Through Media www.brakethroughmedia.com
Cam Buker www.cambuker.com
Alissa Hessler www.hesslercreative.com
Dave Katz www.katzcaptures.com
Lise Metzger www.lisemetzger.com
Asha Yoganandan www.forkspoonnknife.com
Why aren't there any ads?
- We’re trying to keep things uncluttered and uncomplicated. Good Food Jobs has a focused mission, and our two-person team is busy enough trying to find the best applicants and the best opportunities out there. Think of it as our nod to the great state of Vermont, which refuses to allow billboards on its highways.
HELP! Your site isn't working. Who can I call?
We apologize for any technical glitches, which are an unfortunate component of web-based business. But we're here to help!
Since we're often on the road in search of good food jobs, email is the best way to reach us - and we always respond personally within 24 hours. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get right back to you.
I want to keep track of jobs that I like! How do I follow them?
Where do I start?
At the beginning, of course. Click on any individual job link, from the home page, or the ‘find a job’ page, and you'll see the option to FOLLOW that job, directly below the job title and company name. Click that button and the job is automatically placed in your Jobs I Follow list, which you can access in the My Account area when you are logged in.
What if a job I am following expires or is filled?
When you visit My Account, you’ll see that some key information about each job you follow is visible, including the date it was posted and its status – active, filled, or expired. This is a handy way for you to keep track of any jobs that you were thinking of applying to that are no longer available, so you don’t waste precious time. To remove a job you’re no longer interested in from the list, simply click the ‘x’ on the right side of each job in the list.
Can I stop following a job?
Absolutely. Simply go to My Account and click the click the ‘x’ on the right side of each job in the list.
Why would I want to follow a job, anyway?
If you don’t have a penchant for stalking, consider these other useful reasons to ‘follow’: job seekers can ‘follow’ any jobs that they have submitted applications for, and use the list as a reference when following up with employers; job posters can ‘follow’ a job listing that they think is well-written, and reference it later when they are creating their own new job posts.