Head Baker and Educator Just Bakery of Atlanta
- Date Posted February 09, 2018
- Location Stone Mountain, GA
- Category Culinary / Nonprofit
- Job Type Full-Time
Because we pay a living wage, provide flexible work hours, and hire with the full humanity of our trainee bakers in mind, they haven't wanted to leave us and move on yet. However, should they need to, they will leave us for entrepreneurial dreams or necessary moves with professional training, experience, and a credential that is widely recognized across the food service industry. And, because we provide amazing baked goods made with local and sustainable ingredients that allow our customers to eat well, do good, and change lives at the same time, we've developed a very loyal and enthusiastic following in many different pockets of the metro-area.
Our customers follow us from pop-up to pop-up, hang around to talk and connect, and eagerly seek opportunities to volunteer and support our trainee bakers. The best part? We've just been in operation since October 1, 2017. Since then we've tripled our refugee trainee baking staff and equipment for production, been awarded over $120k in grants, and held sales in all kinds of places ranging from elementary schools to Turner Broadcasting. We're on the hunt for a storefront and a delivery vehicle at the moment. Imagine what's next! Job Description We're looking for a creative, collaborative, and committed person to join our team as our Head Baker and Educator. This person will lead, train, and supervise our refugee trainee bakers; manage production; and work with our Executive Director and board to give shape to the future of our non-profit. Ideally, we're looking for these qualifications in our next Head Baker and Educator--
- the desire to partner with and be in community with our refugee neighbors
- the ability to make a variety of delicious breads, cookies, and other baked goods that stand out and make for repeat customers
- ease and/or experience in educating and training others
- availability, flexibility, tenacity, compassion, and a sense of humor
- resourcefulness and initiative
- vision and creativity for our programming and our baked goods
- management savvy-- of people and the workings of a commercial kitchen
Manages: Just Bakery of Atlanta's trainee baking staff Compensation this position is PAID: hourly, varies DOE, $18.00 - $22.00 How to apply Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineFebruary 24, 2018