Senior Content Editor America's Test Kitchen +1 more
- Date Posted April 22, 2018
- Location Boston, MA
- Category Culinary / Media
- Job Type Full-Time
America’s Test Kitchen seeks a talented senior editor to manage, edit, and create content for both the online and print versions of its flagship publication, Cook’s Illustrated Magazine. If you’re a topnotch, highly detail-oriented editor; a witty, engaging writer; and have a passion (an obsession, even!) for food, cooking, and the science behind it all, this job may be for you.
What you’ll do:
- Manage digital content (including updating home page, creating schedules, monitoring deadlines, troubleshooting issues, coordinating strategic content across multiple channels).
- Help our traditionally print-focused brand grow digitally by creating online content designed to increase traffic and attract new audiences. This content will mainly involve refreshing material from our rich recipe and article archive.
- Collaborate with our broader interdisciplinary team to help develop digital and social media strategies for the brand.
- Work with test cooks to help them write engaging stories for all channels featuring their adventures developing recipes; research and write original sidebar content for those stories.
- Manage the production of, and edit the material for, the kitchen tips, techniques, and science experiments that are a critical part of our brand.
- Monitor our chief competitors for ideas to help shape and improve our content.
- Take part in daily tastings of recipes in development as part of the Cook’s Illustrated team and contribute feedback that helps determine the direction of recipe development.
In order to thrive in this role, you must have:
- 5-plus years of digital editorial experience; print experience a plus.
- High fluency in digital publishing tools (CMS, digital asset management, etc)
- Excellent editorial skills and high standards in everything you do.
- Equal parts creativity and an obsession for accuracy and attention to detail.
- A deep interest in science and a knack for distilling complex scientific concepts into pithy, engaging copy that the average reader can understand.
- Solid proficiency with analytics tools and software (Google Analytics, Google Trends, etc)
- Ability to nimbly change direction as needed and to operate in a high-tempo environment.
- Comfortable working across multiple departments
- An abiding love of food and lots of experience cooking at home.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline