Barista Ikon Coffee
- Date Posted September 07, 2018
- Location San Francisco, CA
- Category Culinary
- Job type Part-Time
We love what we do and it shows with every cup of coffee we produce.Job description
Barista Job Summary:
The qualified candidate has a proven ability to provide quality customer service and demonstrated knowledge of coffee products and equipment. The Barista is responsible for making a difference to our customers by educating them about our coffee.
Baristas are instrumental in building customer relationships and fostering a positive and friendly environment. They also provide technical guidance to new team members and assist in the training program. The barista fulfills any other duties the manager on duty assigns, in a professional manner.
All team members are expected to follow the guidelines outlined in the employee handbook and adhere to behavioral expectations for their perspective position.
• Sells all coffee products with confidence and working knowledge of the bean and each drink on the menu.
• Sells and serves products to customers in a courteous and friendly manner.
• Continues to learn and educate themselves on specialty coffee.
• Safely handles all hot and cold drinks during drink preparation.
• Ensures that all customers are educated on our products and services.
• Maintains the highest quality, consistent product standards.
• Follows all Company drink recipes and procedures.
• Greets all customers with fast, friendly, personalized service and develops a rapport with our customers by learning their names, favorite drinks and potential food items.
• Responds proactively to prevent customer service situations.
• Answers customer questions regarding coffee, preparation, and best coffee practices.
• Maintains efficient, friendly service standards and demonstrates such standards when training other team members.
• Provides superior services and promotes a friendly, comfortable environment by providing fast and friendly service.
• Routinely cleans the bar area and is focused on maintaining efficiency behind the bar.
• Reports potential safety hazards to the manager on duty.
• Informs the manager on duty of any operational inconsistencies.
Requirements, Qualifications & Physical Demands:
• Works special events, as needed.
• Maintains positive Company morale.
• Must be able to work overtime, as needed.
• Demonstrated ability to lead, communicate and train fellow team members.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Well-organized and detail-oriented.
• Register and cash handling experience.
• Regularly required to lift and/or move items up to and exceed 30 pounds.
• Experience in working on manual espresso machines a plus.
• A desire to always do better and a commitment to learning and advancing skills every day.
• Appreciation for the intricacies of coffee and serious interest in producing the best quality drinks consistently, efficiently and cleanly.
• Capable of remaining composed under stress.
- Ability to function and be efficient within a team.
• Minimum high school diploma, associates or bachelors degree preferred.
• Career advancement into management position is encouraged and supported.
- Must possess a valid drivers license with clean record.
- Servsafe / Food Handlers certification a plus.
- SCA certification, barista guild certification a plus.
The ideal candidates would be passionate in serving others and demonstrate a high level of interest in specialty coffee. If you operate well in a fast paced, high energy environment and have a love of coffee and service, understand your own skill sets, and want to grow with a company, please apply.Compensation this position is : hourly, $15/hr + Application instructions