Communications & Marketing VISTA Grow Ohio Valley
- Date Posted September 19, 2018
- Location Wheeling, WV
- Category Design / Media
- Job Type Full-Time
Grow Ohio Valley is nationally recognized nonprofit, building thriving communities through local food. We are working actively to launch an innovative year-round farmers market in a food desert, as well as actively seeking to expand potentially groundbreaking programs like the FARMacy, garden-in-every-school, and more. We are seeking a determined person with relevant skills to help us launch and expand these exciting projects -- projects that have potential to re-shape our town and be a model for community development through local food.
Our core operations consist of:
Five farm sites, including an urban apple orchard, two high tunnel greenhouses, and a geothermal hothouse, all on urban vacant lots in a hard-up neighborhood.
A range of creative sales-models to bring this locally grown product to food deserts, with a focus on building economic opportunities for local family farms.
Complementary educational programs that teach community members gardening skills, how to prepare healthy meals, and the importance of eating fresh produce.
- Build, execute, and manage digital marketing and ad campaigns across social media platforms
- Create and maintain a marketing and communications calendar, including social media postings, and an email outreach schedule that considers subscribers, followers and engagement metrics
- Create sharable content to drive awareness and grow our audience
- Design materials for print mediums. Design experience preferred but not mandatory, as we use Canva for internal design needs
- Proof/edit GrowOV's public facing documents as needed
- Maintain the company website and set up campaign landing pages as needed. Note: all updates are made through a user-friendly back-end, more complicated web development is done by an outside agency
- Coordinate photo and film shoots
- Develop and implement a strategy to engage media personalities, partners and other key influencers
- Manage all media inquiries, press lists, press releases, and outreach to celebrity publicists
- Report to CEO and the team on key operating metrics and results including monthly digital stats
- Build company best practices across our digital marketing and social channels
- Suggest new ways to attract prospective followers and subscribers (for example, through promotions and contests)
- Help to plan and execute dance parties (we have a lot of these... farmers let their hair down)