Executive Director Garden-Raised Bounty (GRuB)
- Date Posted October 08, 2018
- Location Olympia, WA
- Category Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
We are located in Olympia, Washington, where we have a two-acre urban farm and a community-centered farmhouse, and we lease a 10,000 square foot garden space in the City of Lacey from the Thurston County Food Bank. GRuB provides direct services to people in Thurston County, and we partner with many agencies throughout the South Sound for off-site programming. We also provide training, coaching , and technical assistance to organizations throughout the northwest as well as nationally. Job description
The Executive Director (E.D.) will report to an engaged Board of Directors and will be supported by a passionate team of community educators and organizers. The chosen candidate will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for the staff, program, partnerships, fundraising and fulfillment of the organization’s mission through each program area. The E.D. is the chief executive and decision maker for GRuB and is responsible for implementing the shared vision with our passionate, dedicated staff team.
Candidates should have five years of experience as a senior leader in a nonprofit or public organization and professional experience with strategic planning, fund development, financial management, systems thinking, organizational development, anti-oppression work, personnel management, and reporting to a Board of Directors. Equivalent experiences and transferable skills will be considered. Candidates should also have strong communication skills including written, oral, and interpersonal.
The ideal candidate
- Has firm roots in a leadership framework based on social justice.
- Models cultural humility, effective facilitation, & conversational leadership for the staff team & community.
- Is a systems thinker who demonstrates initiative and creativity in responding to opportunities & challenges.
- Encourages collaboration, clear communication, and leadership at every level among staff and stakeholders.
- Approaches organizational development and social change with curiosity, experience, and innovation.
- Enjoys the spectrum of fund development from grassroots to grants to the cultivation of major donors.
- Is excited by the challenge of implementing alternative organizational structures.
- Has additional experience in any of the following: non-traditional organizational structure, change management, veteran services, youth development, food systems, food sovereignty, tribal government, community development, and/or public health.
- Has a great sense of humor and a love of good food!
The E.D. position is full time, salaried, and exempt. GRuB provides health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), paid leave, and an annual salary up to $68,000.
The priority deadline for receipt of applications is Monday, October 22, 2018 at 9AM (Pacific time zone).Compensation this position is : salaried Application instructions