Human Resources Intern Wellspring Philanthropic Fund
- Date Posted October 24, 2018
- Location New York, NY
- Category Nonprofit
- Job type Internship/Apprentice
ABOUT WELLSPRING PHILANTHROPIC FUND
Wellspring Philanthropic Fund is a private grantmaking foundation dedicated to advancing the realization of human rights and social and economic justice for all people. Wellspring has offices in New York, NY, and Washington, DC.
Wellspring’s work is rooted in respect for the dignity and worth of every human being and is informed by the following beliefs:
- Social institutions and structures should promote the full realization of human rights and human potential, and should be accountable to these ends.
- The rights of all people are advanced when the rights of the most marginalized and vulnerable peoples are protected.
- Social justice movements should employ means that are consistent with their ideals, and should give agency to the people whose interests they seek to advance.
- As responsible stewards, we must strive to maximize the impact of our charitable investments.
As a private foundation, Wellspring’s key functions are to conduct research and education tailored to our mission; manage a grantmaking portfolio of various programs; administer grants and monitor grantee performance; and work to promote the effectiveness of programs that receive donor funding.
Wellspring Philanthropic Fund seeks an intern to work with the Human Resources Team assisting with various tasks related to HR and recruitment functions. This paid internship is full-time (flexible), by mutual agreement, in our Times Square office in New York City. The internship is an ideal position to someone who wants to learn how to operate and thrive using HR methods in a busy organization of 70+ people.
- Assist the HR Team with administrative tasks such as; curating the Wellspring Jobs and Internship Outlook Accounts.
- Post all Wellspring Job Descriptions externally.
- Set up onboarding itineraries and send out calendar invitations to new hires’ calendars.
- Organizing data to reflect recruitment efforts.
- Prepare Welcome Packets for new hires.
- Coordinate with Receptionist/Office Managers to schedule interviews with the President and Vice President.
- Assist with logistics to ensure smooth recruitment, and onboarding processes.
- Perform other administrative and research duties, as requested.
- Assists with organizing/curating office events.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS
- Enrolled in Undergraduate Program, Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience required.
- Familiarity with, and commitment to, human rights and social justice issues.
- One or two years of administrative experience in a professional office environment coordinating basic projects, performing complex scheduling, writing correspondence, recruitment, onboarding, and other aspects of HR.
- Excellent English language writing, synthesizing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Exceptional judgment and ability to handle confidential information with complete discretion.
- Ability to multi-task, adapt, meet deadlines, and work both independently and collaboratively.
- Initiative, creative, resourcefulness, flexibility, and a sense of humor.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Learn firsthand Human Resources processes specifically pertaining to recruitment and onboarding functions of a grantmaking organization/philanthropy;
- Acquire a deeper understanding of the role philanthropic organizations play in promoting and advancing social justice and human rights;
- Develop and strengthen personal and professional skills in a workplace committed to the advancement of human rights.
- hourly position ($18/hour);
- flexible time schedule;
- weekly lunch series featuring Wellspring staff and expert outside speakers;
- opportunities to network with leading foundation staff through meetings, affinity group conferences, and events with other interns.
Work visa This employer is willing to sponsor a work visa for international applicants Application instructions