Director of Food Equity Ecotrust
- Date Posted November 13, 2018
- Location Portland, OR
- Category Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
Ecotrust is powered by the vision of a world where people and nature thrive together. Since 1991, we have partnered with local communities from California to Alaska to build new ways of living and doing business. From forestry to finance, food access to green building, we work to advance social equity, economic opportunity, and environmental well-being. Together, we are making this place we live a home that we love. Learn more at ecotrust.org.Job description
Please see job description link for complete list of responsibilities and preferred qualifications.
Ecotrust seeks a new core member of our Food & Farms team to develop and drive forward food equity initiatives, manage our farm to institution body of work, develop staff, and oversee team operations. Joining the team at a time of transition and opportunity, the Director of Food Equity will report to and work hand in hand with the Vice President of Food & Farms to shape the strategic vision for the future of our food work, bringing fresh eyes to our farm to institution initiatives, and leading the program team in visioning and executing a stronger racial equity impact. The Director of Food Equity will be responsible for the operational success of the Food & Farms program, setting the vision and tone for team culture, management, and development, providing leadership around issues of food justice and access, stewarding programmatic resources, and ensuring strong program delivery and evaluation.
The Director performs a wide range of duties including, but not limited to, the following:
Defines and moves food equity initiatives forward
Manages all aspects of Ecotrust’s farm to institution body of work
Manages program staff and relationships with external partners
Oversees program operations with an equity lens
- At least 4 years experience as a senior manager (in community food systems, equity/social justice, urban/food planning, environmental/food policy, nutrition, public health, or other related field) with responsibility for staff supervision, planning, and budgeting
- Lived experience of inequity/oppression and connections to marginalized communities
- Understanding of how systemic inequities contribute to issues of food access/justice
- Demonstrated experience with equity, diversity, and inclusion theory and practice
Learn more about this position: Info session Thursday November 15th @ 10AM
The Food & Farms team is hosting an informational session about this position at Ecotrust on Thursday November 15th at 10am. You can join us live in the Alder Room or call in via conference line to ask questions:
- Click this link to join by computer audio/video: https://zoom.us/j/821875399
- Dial this number to join by phone: (669) 900-6833
- Meeting ID: 821 875 399
RSVPs encouraged. Please email email@example.com to let us know if you’ll be joining in person or remotely. If you will be unable to join, you may also submit questions to firstname.lastname@example.org ahead of time. We will record the session and post the recording to the Ecotrust website shortly afterwards.
Compensation this position is : salaried, varies DOE, $75,000.00 - $90,000.00 Application instructions