Farm & Herb Educator Apprenticeship Eden Village Camp
- Date Posted November 20, 2018
- Location Putnam Valley, NY
- Category Agriculture / Education
- Job type Internship/Apprentice
By joining the Farm Team or Herbalism Team at Eden Village, apprentices will be farmers, tending to our farm, animals, and orchard, as well as lead educators for our spring, summer, and fall programs. Come ready to learn and contribute, and you’ll have abundant opportunities to develop skills on a professional and personal level.
GAIN REAL SKILLS
- Sustainable Agriculture Training: plant propagation, irrigation systems management, cultivating healthy soil, chicken, goat, and bee care, herbs and medicinals, composting, harvesting, permaculture, tool use and safety.
- Herbalism - plant identification, drying & processing herbs, food as medicine, restoring the body, flower essences, magical plant traditions, cultivating & wildcrafting plants, plant and field walks.
- Farm-Based Education Training: lesson plan writing, classroom management, time management, and creativity across ages.
- DIY and Practical Skill-Building: cooking, fermentation, floral arrangement, carpentry, garden building, fire-building, walk-behind tractor, and more!
- Jewish Community Living: self-awareness and mindfulness, nonviolent communication, kindness, Shabbat, decision making, group process.
- Annuals – vegetable, flower, and herb production spaces.
- Animals – goats, chickens, and bee care.
- Perennials – organic orchard, edible forest garden, and medicinal herbs.
- Educational Gardens – calendar garden, dye garden, permaculture & ancient grains spaces.
We know farming and education are a continuous learning process, and though extensive experience is helpful it is not necessary. Willing curiosity and communication are required.COMPENSATION
Paired with food and room and board in heated cabins separate from campers, your farm and farm education training will include a $4500 stipend. We also offer a recruitment bonus for each camper or staff you recruit.Compensation this position is : stipend / non-monetary compensation
Work visa This employer is willing to sponsor a work visa for international applicants Application instructions