ECommerce Associate Levain Bakery
- Date Posted December 03, 2018
- Location New York, NY
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
The bakery was founded in 1994 by friends Connie McDonald and Pam Weekes. At the time, Connie was in banking and Pam in fashion. The two, both competitive swimmers, trained together for the Ironman and—not surprisingly, as their tireless workouts left them feeling starved for great food— they began a passionate dialogue about creating the world’s greatest chocolate chip cookie. Within just a few years, Levain Bakery had become a neighborhood institution and a destination for epicurious travelers from around the world. Job description
Levain Bakery is looking for an enthusiastic candidate to assist our mail order team in our Harlem store! We are a locally-owned business that has been serving some of NYC's best baked goods for over 20 years with four retail locations and a growing mail order and shipping business.
If you love working on a team, interacting with all kinds of people, and of course, cookies, we want to hear from you. We are looking for people who can thrive in a fast-paced environment, who keep cool under pressure and have a passion for customer service. We are very busy and like to work hard, but also genuinely enjoy the work that we do and the people that we do it with. This is the perfect opportunity for a student, recent grad, career changer, or anyone who is excited to learn about the NYC food industry!
- Process online orders from start to finish and take orders over the phone, answering questions and assisting our customers in a calm and patient manner
- Pack cookie gift boxes and party favors with exceptional care and efficiency
- Ensure smooth fulfillment of orders and general customer satisfaction in a fast-paced environment
- Ensure our team has the right materials for each day: building boxes, cutting ribbon, folding tissue paper
- General tasks as needed: helping customers in retail, baking cookies, prepping food items, making cold brew coffee, organizing our merchandise inventory
The person we are looking for will be:
- Extremely detail-oriented and meticulous. You’re one of those people who color codes EVERYTHING.
- Super crafty. You can tie a ribbon with your eyes closed. (But please don’t actually.)
- Collaborative and team-minded. You are always willing to pitch in and are always looking for ways to help out your colleagues.
- Dedicated, hardworking and inquisitive. You always like to stay busy. You are genuinely interested and curious in learning about what it takes to make Levain run smoothly day-to-day.
- An expert in all things Levain. You will understand how our business works and have in-depth knowledge of all of our products and services.
- Passion for customer service
- You are a self starter - when that rare quiet moment presents itself, you are able to see what can be prepped for future orders
- Fun and friendly work environment
- Tight-knit and supportive team
- Medical benefits, vision, dental
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Product discounts
No experience required. We want someone who is excited to learn and grow with the company. This is a full-time position that includes evenings and weekends. Compensation this position is : hourly, $15/hr + Application instructions