Farm stand and CSA Shopkeeper Barrett's Mill Farm +1 more
- Date Posted February 11, 2019
- Location Concord, MA
- Category Agriculture
- Job type Part-Time
We are seeking friendly, motivated vegetable enthusiasts to staff our farm stand and CSA.
- Store coverage is needed Tuesday - Friday 10am - 7pm and Saturday 8am – 4pm.
- The exact schedule for the season will be arranged with each shopkeeper. Minimum commitment of two shifts per week. Saturday availability is a plus.
- Position runs late May until late October.
- Applicants who are interested in gaining experience out in the field may be offered some field hours
- Maintain a welcoming and pleasant atmosphere in the farm stand.
- Answer customer questions about produce and the farm’s growing practices.
- Maintain an attractive produce display throughout the day. Bagging, bunching, and sorting produce, and restocking as necessary.
- Wash produce bins, clean floors, and keep the farm stand and wash area organized and clean.
- Calculate and make change for customer purchases.
- Keep track of product inventory and notify farm managers if anything is running low.
- Harvest small items as needed such as herbs or cherry tomatoes.
- Break down farm stand produce display at the end of the day. Closing responsibilities include carrying bins of produce back to the cooler, cleaning the farm stand and wash area, and closing the barn and farm stand for the evening.
- Experience in customer service desired.
- Familiarity cooking with fresh, seasonal produce.
- Positive attitude, good sense of humor and strong work ethic.
- Ability to lift and carry 40lbs over uneven ground.
- Organized, punctual and attentive to detail.
In addition to an hourly wage, shopkeepers will also receive a CSA membership (weekly vegetables starting in June, ending with last week of employment).Compensation this position is : hourly, varies DOE, $12.00 - $14.00 Application instructions