Farm Internship Farm & Wilderness
- Date Posted February 11, 2019
- Location Plymouth, VT
- Category Agriculture / Nonprofit
- Job type Internship/Apprentice
Farm Interns assist the farm managers in the care of the livestock, barns, and gardens and help administer program activities such as homesteading, crafting, and food preservation within the summer camps. Throughout the internship, the farm interns will learn hands on farm-based skills including but not limited to animal identification, animal husbandry, pasture management, crop rotation, weed identification, various types of garden skills, and develop an understanding of community living. Using a beautiful wilderness and farm setting and innovative approaches toward teaching, organic farming, and environmental education, interns will become strong leaders by developing connections to each other and the land through work, service, and community. This position starts in April and runs through October.
- 21+ years of age, with a valid drivers license
- Strong desire to build skills and knowledge related to farming and teaching.
- Be a team player.
- Flexible, able, and willing to perform a variety of tasks in changing situations
Salary and Benefits
- $200.00 per week, paid bi-weekly
- room and board
- workers compensation
- laundry and internet access
- professional development
this position is : salaried, less than 50k