Program Director Seacoast Eat Local
- Date Posted March 18, 2019
- Location Dover, NH
- Category Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
Seacoast Eat Local was founded in 2006 with the mission to bring people together with sources of locally grown foods and advocate eating locally for the health of our environment, community, culture and economy. Through advocacy, organizing and education, we work toward a sustainable local food system that meets the needs of both producers and consumers.Job description
Seacoast Eat Local is hiring a Program Director to oversee the operational success of our mission to connect community members with local food and farms. We are seeking a motivated, energetic, and hardworking person with a strong interest in local food access and community food systems.
Seacoast Eat Local was founded in 2006 with the mission to bring people together with sources of locally grown foods and advocate eating locally for the health of our environment, community, culture and economy. Through advocacy, organizing and education, we work toward a sustainable local food system that meets the needs of both producers and consumers. Our work includes operating a SNAP/EBT Farmers’ Market Program, organizing winter farmers’ markets, running a mobile market, producing our local food guide, sponsoring workshops and events, and providing information through our email newsletter, blog and website, www.seacoasteatlocal.org
The Program Director will oversee the Program Coordinator and Mobile Market Manager, as well as provide leadership to our team of interns and volunteers. Serving as the key external face of Seacoast Eat Local in the community, the Program Director will also be responsible for networking with stakeholders, community building, and relationships with donors. They will be expected to demonstrate a knowledge of and passion for a multi-faceted local food system, while also providing the organization with the fiscal oversight and program delivery that will allow Seacoast Eat Local to continue our work as a strong and robust regional non-profit.
- Overseeing the Program Coordinator and Mobile Market Manager to ensure the successful execution of SEL’s core programs
- Taking the lead on fundraising and development, including implementing the annual fundraising plan, managing the donor database, planning and executing quarterly events, leading the stewardship of existing donors, and expanding our fundraising presence in the Seacoast
- Managing our grant-based funding, which encompasses organizing the annual grant schedule, writing grant appeals, and overseeing fiscal and programmatic reporting
- Supervising and implementing our annual budget and working with our bookkeeper and treasurer on accurate reporting and fiscal oversight
- Ensuring the implementation and utilization of measures and metrics for program evaluation
- Serving as the key contact person and public face of our organization through email communication, marketing, newsletters, social media, attending local events, and relationship building
- Carrying out our current strategic plan through 2021 and assisting and advising the board in the development of future strategic plans
An ideal candidate will hold a Bachelor’s degree and have worked a minimum of 4-5 years in project management, fundraising, and/or personnel management, and be familiar with the functioning and organization of non-profits. They will be enthusiastic about a position that puts them in contact with many different members of our community and should possess a strong passion for local food and developing robust food systems. Necessary skills include proficiency in computer use, strong project management, leadership of staff and interns, and a demonstrated aptitude for excellent verbal and written communication. This is a self-driven leadership role within our organization, and the person hired to fill this role will be expected to serve as a supervisor of our staff, contact person with stakeholders, and collaborator with the Board of Directors, to whom they will report.
This is a full time, salaried position includes healthcare and paid vacation. We offer a flexible working environment and schedule, though applicants must be willing to work some weekends and nights.Compensation this position is : salaried, varies DOE, $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 Application instructions