CulinAerie is the foremost recreational cooking school in the nation's capital. Located in the heart of downtown Washington DC, CulinAerie offers cooking instruction to enthusiasts of all skill levels. Our beautiful state-of-the-art kitchens are equipped for the optimal experience in cooking and learning, with sleek commercial equipment and flat-screen televisions for ease of viewing. Our instructors have on average 15 years of experience in their respective fields, and each brings a unique vision and talent to his or her area of expertise.
CulinAerie Kitchen Assistants are responsible for helping the chefs setup and run their classes smoothly, as well as cleanup. A regular shift is normally 5 hours. There is one hour preparation before the class, 3 hours class/event time, and approximately 1 hour after for cleanup. Must have a flexible schedule including nights and weekends! This is NOT a cooking job - it is more similar to bussing or waiting tables.
- be available to work nights and weekends OR days and weekends - MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK AT LEAST ONE SHIFT EVERY WEEKEND (Fri or Sat)
- have reliable transportation
- be able to stand for 5 hours
- have a sense of urgency
- have the ability to anticipate the needs of the chef and the students
- be able to lift 25 pounds
- have a sense of hospitality
- experience in the hospitality industry highly recommended (front or back of house)
this position is : hourly, $15/hr +
This job expired on August 20, 2019
DeadlineAugust 15, 2019