Driver/Operations Assistant Penn's Corner Farm Alliance
- Date Posted June 21, 2019
- Location Pittsburgh, PA
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job Type Full-Time
Job Title: Delivery Driver/Operations Assistant for Penn’s Corner Farm Alliance (PCFA)
Job Overview: The Delivery Driver is responsible for aggregating and delivering locally grown and produced farm products to customers in the Pittsburgh and surrounding area. The Delivery Driver will ensure that orders are fulfilled in an accurate and timely manner while maintaining strict food safety protocols. The position represents a key link between the culinary industry and local farming communities. To succeed as a Delivery Driver, you should be polite and prompt with a commitment to providing excellent customer service to both clients and partner producers.
Key Job Responsibilities:
● Pick up, sort, and deliver farm products in and around the Greater Pittsburgh area
● Assist with set up, packing, loading, and distribution of weekly fresh produce boxes for our community supported agriculture (CSA) program
● Clean and prepare delivery vehicles on aggregation and delivery days
● Understand and comply with relevant food safety policies and regulations and assist with record keeping to maintain requisite documentation
● Be proficient in use of the online ordering platform
● Serve as a liaison between buyers and partner producers to meet product needs and identify sourcing opportunities
● Work in a dynamic environment and proactively troubleshoot issues as they arise
● Attend meetings and events within and outside of normal work hours as needed
● Act in accordance with PCFA mission and uphold the company’s brand and values
Required Skills and Experience:
● Valid PA State Driver’s License and clean driving record (must submit driving record upon job offer and be insurable by PCFA auto insurance policy)
● Must have a current DOT medical examiner's card, or be able to successfuly pass a DOT physical to obtain one before starting.
● Ability to drive various vehicles, including Fuso and Izuzu box trucks (CDL NOT required)
● Ability to work evenings and early mornings
● Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds
● Ability to read, write, and understand English and communicate by email, phone, and texts
● Ability to accurately follow direction and work in a fast-paced environment
● Good organizational skills
Additional Desired Skills and Experience:
● Prior knowledge of local food systems and sustainable agriculture
● Work experience on small-scale farm(s) AND/OR in food service (serving/cooking/grocery/etc.)
● Experience with entrepreneurial and innovative small businesses
● Sense of humor, flexible, and adaptive personality
Job Specifications: Penn’s Corner Farm Alliance is based in Pittsburgh, PA, our warehouse is in Lawrenceville, employees must be able to commute to this location four times per week. The position is highly mobile, often requiring driver to navigate heavy traffic in company vehicles.
Schedule and Compensation
● Approximately 30 hours per week, June – November, slightly reduced hours December - March
● Weekly fresh produce box provided
This position has the opportunity to grow with our cooperative, which has been around for 20 years. If you are passionate about local agriculture, food, and community and don't mind physical labor, than this position may be right for you!
Compensation this position is PAID: hourly, under $15/hr How to apply Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline