Inventory Coordinator MatchaBar
- Date Posted June 21, 2019
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Business / Production
- Job type Full-Time
MatchaBar is a Matcha cafe & company founded by two brothers in Brooklyn, New York. MatchaBar opened its flagship—the country's first specialty matcha cafe—in Williamsburg, Brooklyn in 2014. In 5 short years, the team has opened 3 cafes and taken both a bottled & canned product to the national market. All the while, the MatchaFam remains on a simple mission: to bring matcha to the people, sharing better energy with the world around them!
Our Mission — To bring matcha to the people!
Our Values — Good things come to those who hustle!
Do we believe in Karma? Magic? Santa Claus? We're not quite sure, but we do believe in the hustle. It's the backbone of our business, and is responsible for MatchaBar's very existence! The hustle is about going above and beyond to get the job done. Our community, the MatchaFam, defines itself by just this hard work, passion, and a sense of purpose.
MatchaBar is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
At MatchaBar you will be joining a fast-growing company and will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with our founders and directors across all departments. You'll get a window into every element of startup culture and be at the forefront of disrupting the growing space of natural energy!
- Keeps track of inventory across the Bottle business, including all finished goods warehouses, raw materials with co‐packers, office inventory, as well as our storage units
- Supports monthly/quarterly physical inventories and development of follow up reporting
- Maintains order release forms for stock in warehouses
- Weekly stock reporting to Operations Lead
- Monthly stock reporting to Finance team
- Receives and processes inventory reports from warehouses and monitors for variances
- Works with LTL freight brokers to facilitate stock transfer between warehouses and storage units
- Coordinates and executes restocking of warehouses to ensure the company don’t go out of stock
- Handles shipment discrepancy investigations with warehouse and accounting; Maintains mis-ship records and resolutions
- Organizes delivery for marketing and sales events
- Facilitates order shipments by creating order releases and BOLs; Coordinates with warehouses to make sure shipping appointments are confirmed; Monitors aging of finished goods inventories, while actively coordinating with warehouses to ensure oldest lots ship first
- Monitors the movement of finished goods from manufacturing sites, fulfillment centers and carriers; Communicates status updates to Operations Lead
- Supports continuous improvement efforts and ongoing IC management
- Completes other duties and special projects as assigned by Chief of Staff and CEO
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills. Ability to operate with a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines is critical.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships, as this role will interface heavily with Operations, Manufacturing, and external partners
- Experience with beverage, food, manufacturing, CPG company a plus
- 2+ years’ experience as Operations Manager or similar caliber concept
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Food Science, Supply Chain, or similar subject
- Able to lift 30+ lbs
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Ability to perform essential job functions when working under stress, in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Google/Excel spreadsheets
- Exceptional time management with great people skills and attention to detail
- DEAR inventory management software or EDI management software experience (preferred)
- Proficient in QuickBooks
- Occasional Travel required
Compensation this position is : salaried, varies DOE, $50,000.00 - $60,000.00 Application instructions