Senior Kitchen Assistant, Shopper America's Test Kitchen
- Date Posted June 24, 2019
- Location Boston, MA
- Category Culinary / Media
- Job type Full-Time
America's Test Kitchen is seeking a Senior Kitchen Assistant, Shopper to report to our Test Kitchen Manager. We are looking for a positive, organized, detail-oriented and communicative person who is comfortable in both an independent and team-oriented dynamic.
This candidate is a highly motivated self-starter. As part of the kitchen operations team, this person will join an existing staff of a Test Kitchen Director, Assistant Test Kitchen Director, Test Kitchen Manager, Test Kitchen Facilities Coordinator, Senior Kitchen Assistant (Receiver) and five Kitchen Assistants.
Primary responsibility will be to purchase specialty ingredients, we can't source from our vendors, which would include items for filming, photo shoots, and everyday recipe development.
Additional tasks include: supporting our SKA Receiver in supporting the organization of our internal recirculation system, submitting bi-monthly budgets, walk-in, freezer, pantry organization and upkeep, and supporting our team with an array of special events and projects.
- Requires a reliable car with appropriate insurance, for shopping trips on a daily basis.
- Candidate must have a cell phone to facilitate communication during work hours when off-site.
- This is a full-time hourly, 40 hours per week, position. Monday thru Friday (8-4pm)
- Summer Hours: 8-5pm Monday through Thursday and Friday 8am-12pm.
- Hours are subject to change, based on business needs.
- Flexibility to work during peak periods and night events (would be notified well in advance).
Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in Google Drive and Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel)
- Exceptional food knowledge of retail/wholesale goods
- Familiarity with the Boston area is a plus
- Clear communication, organization and detail-oriented skills
- Self-sufficient as well as team oriented
- Ability to lift heavy items (up to 50 lb) on a regular basis
Education and Experience
- Accredited culinary degree (or equivalent) preferred
- 2 years culinary experience highly desirable
- At least 21 years of age