Allium Market opened a year and a half ago and has quickly grown into a beloved neighborhood destination for amazing food, incredible coffee, fabulous baked goods, delicious cheese, a vast selection of unique specialty pantry products from around the world, and warm, welcoming customer service. Part cafe, part bakery and lunch destination with fresh, simple, innovative offerings prepared to order daily, part cut- to order Cheese shop, and part Gourmet Market, Allium is truly unique! Our focus is on showcasing high quality, simple, flavor focussed ingredients in an unpretentious, cozy setting. Quickly becoming a destination for food and coffee lovers in the Boston area, we aim to give exemplary service and introduce a new approach to specialty foods by celebrating small producers near and far and helping our customers find new and exciting products to fall in love with. At the heart of it all we believe people should just eat good food and we aim to help them do so!
Allium is looking for a Wine Buyer and Specialty Retail Manager! Since opening Allium has quickly grown into a destination for food lovers looking to find high quality, traditional, artisanal products and ingredients. We are thrilled to now be pursuing a liquor license to both serve and sell wine and malt beverages and are in need of a new team member with amazing buying skills and a passion for fantastic food and drink! We offer a huge selection of dry goods: from single origin chocolates to traditionally made mustards and estate olive oils. This position will help to lead and make decisions about the retail offerings both food and beverage related, while actively working on the sales floor with customers. This individual will get the opportunity to travel and attend trade shows, make buying decisions, lead tastings, and fully manage Allium's vast retail selection. As a leader at a still fairly new company this persons ideas and passion will have direct and lingering effects on this businesses systems. This position will be integral to the continued development of storewide retail systems, and will be part of a supportive and passionate team of managers and store leaders. The Retail Manager will work directly with store ownership in continuing to grow our retail sales and offerings while helping to build upon the businesses vision and key beliefs. If you love food, are excited about sales and passionate about amazing products and a fun work environment then we can't wait to hear from you!
- Full-time, hourly position + Tips
- 40-45 hour average week includes evening, weekends, holidays.
- Store discount
- Employee meal planJOB EXPECTATIONS:
- Manage inventory (including product rotation, counts, and quality assurance)
- Product Buying and selection
- Sales target development
- Creates effective, inviting, successful product merchandising displays.
- Assists in making in-store promotion decisions
- Uses effective, engaging, and excellent customer service sales skills to help the retail department meet or exceed sales goals.
- Helps choose new products to sell (through research, travel, tasting, networking)
- Leads and teaches our staff in learning about products, expanding their knowledge, and increasing their sales.
- Introduces and communicates about new products both to staff and customers.
- Leads sampling and tasting demos in store.
- Maintains a clean, organized, and attractive sales floor.
- Organizes retail storage spaces
- Maintains proper product pricing throughout the department.JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be passionate about food!
- Minimum 3 years in sales, with a proven track record of sales success
- Minimum 1 year previous experience in specialty foods retail
- Self Starter
- Creative Problem Solver
- Ability to work in a busy, fast paced environment
- Well organized
- Good follow-through skills and track record
- Well versed in vendor relationships and effective communication approaches
- Previous Leadership experience strongly desired
- Previous buying/inventory management strongly desired
- Comfortable working on your feet for 8+ hours
- Comfortable lifting 40+ pounds
- Skilled in spreadsheeting, email communications, and in person communicationJOB PERKS:
- Employee Discount
- Employee Meal Plan
- Hourly Tips
- Will travel to and attend industry trade shows and events on behalf of Allium
- Regular sampling and new product exploration!
- Creative control over merchandising displays (in adherence to company standards)
this position is : salaried, varies DOE, $33,000.00 - $50,000.00
This job expired on August 27, 2019