Food and Beverage Director Georgetown Events
- Date Posted August 16, 2019
- Location Washington, DC
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
- Works with owner/Executive Chef to manage food and beverage operations for all brands including (but not limited to) Jetties, Surfside, Millie’s, and Due South.
- Clearly describes, assigns and delegates responsibility and authority for the operation of the various food and beverage outlets.
- Ensures a pleasant dining experience in all locations by collaborating with ownership, management, and chefs in the creation of menus and menu pricing.
- Maintains and controls food and beverage costs of all outlets. Oversee ordering, inventory, and par level policies. Estimates staffing and scheduling requirements. Takes corrective action as necessary to assure that budget goals are attained. Proactively seeks out ways to eliminate unnecessary expenses. Works with the ownership and management to develop an annual food and beverage plan and budget.
- Oversees all food and beverage managers and supervises recruiting, selecting, hiring, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, evaluating, of outlet employees
- Ensures adherence to all safety, sanitation, food preparation, food storage and alcohol beverage control policies. Participates in on-going facility inspections to assure that cleanliness, safety and health standards are consistently met.
- Maintains guest satisfaction and employee productivity by handling food and beverage related customer inquiries, concerns or comments and providing solutions. Acquires feedback from guests and staff to ensure satisfaction and/or implement service improvements.
- Collaborates with marketing and sales teams to implement food and beverage solutions for promotions and special events.
- Communicates effectively by attending and participating in weekly meetings. Holds regular meetings with food and beverage staff.
- 8 years of progressive experience in hospitality or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years in a manager or supervisory role in hospitality or restaurant
- SERV-SAFE Certified or equivalent
- Ability to achieve state required certifications for Food and Beverage
- Work in a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple competing tasks and demands
- Specialized knowledge of wines and liquor a plus
- Excellent communication and leadership skills