Local Food Coordinator Taste the Local Difference
- Date Posted September 13, 2019
- Location Traverse City, MI
- Category Business / Media
- Job type Part-Time
Taste the Local Difference® is Michigan’s local food marketing agency. We are a triple bottom line business owned by Boomerang-Catapult. TLD is headquartered in Traverse City, MI with remote regional employees all across the state.
"To educate consumers about the value of local food, and support food and farming entrepreneurs in building successful, well-connected, and thoughtful businesses."
Our Founding Principles:
1. Develop Authentic Relationships and Collaboration
2. Maintain and Defend the Integrity of Local Food
3. Help Local Food and Farm Businesses Succeed
4. Support Diverse and Innovative Markets for Local Food
5. Create Free Educational Resources
6. Build the Demand for Local Food
We aim to sell more local food in all the communities we represent and we accomplish this with specialized marketing solutions for our partners in every part of the food system.Job description
The ideal candidate is immersed in the local food scene of Northwest Michigan and passionate about community. The candidate should be located in or near Traverse City.
Compensation includes a base salary + commission + mileage.
Responsibilities related to this position include:
• Meet Collectively Determined Sales Goals
• Build New Partnerships with Local Food Businesses
• Fulfill services and contracts sold in your region
• Attend Regional Local Food Meetings and Events
• Contribute Written and Visual content as outlined in Communications Plan