Farmers' Market Assistant Manager Farmer Mark
- Date Posted October 09, 2019
- Location Los Angeles, CA
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Part-Time
Farmer Mark operates certified farmers' markets that provide a platform for local farmers and artisan food & craft purveyors to sell directly to the public. We are committed to providing each of our markets’ local neighborhoods with top-quality products in an inviting community gathering space.
We currently operate the following weekly, year-round markets:
Hermosa Beach (Wednesdays 1-6),
Westwood Village (Thursdays 12-5),
Costa Mesa (Saturdays, 9-2),
Playa Vista (Saturdays 9-2), and
Newport Beach (Sundays, 9-1)
- Approximately 8 hours per marketper week to start.
- $15 per hour plus inherent farmers’ market “perks” (lots of fresh fruits and veggies, farms tours, gaining an intimate knowledge of where your food comes from).
- This position does not come with benefits.
- Work locations: At the market, from home and other marketing efforts around the local community.
- Must be available each Saturday (6:45am-4:00pm); additional weekday hours are flexible.
- Will train.
- Trustworthy, dependable and hardworking people-person.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Team player with ability to take direction and work independently.
- Reliable transportation to get to work on time.
- Set up and break down market. Including setting up and breaking down tents, tables, chairs, and other market supplies as needed.
- Remain onsite during market hours (outside, must be able to handle the elements as we are a rain or shine year-round market).
- Capable of lifting 50 pounds.
- Communicate and report directly to Supervisor.
Applications accepted online only at www.farmermark.com/jobCompensation this position is : hourly, varies DOE, $15.00 - $17.00 Application instructions