- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Farmers' Market Manager Farmer Mark
- Date Posted October 09, 2019
- Location Los Angeles, CA
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Part-Time
Farmer Mark operates certified farmers' markets that provide a platform for local farmers and artisan food & craft purveyors to sell directly to the public. We are committed to providing each of our markets’ local neighborhoods with top-quality products in an inviting community gathering space.
We currently operate the following weekly, year-round markets:
Hermosa Beach (Wednesdays 1-6),
Westwood Village (Thursdays 12-5),
Costa Mesa (Saturdays, 9-2),
Playa Vista (Saturdays 9-2), and
Newport Beach (Sundays, 9-1)
Interested in making a difference in your community? Have a passion for food? Farmer Mark is recruiting Market Managers/Ambassadors for our weekly, year-round markets. Help connect local farms, food, and craft artisans to local residents!
ABOUT OUR CURRENT JOB OPENINGS:
Always aiming to build the best team, our openings are candidate-based, which means they can be a bit more fluid and flexible than your standard job opening. Our hiring process is a conversation.
Additionally, for the right candidates, we are open to developing an expanded role that includes off-site, project-based support in areas of operations, marketing, events, social media and community engagement.
MARKET MANAGER POSITION DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
As the public face of each market, Market Managers are valuable members of the Farmer Mark team. Managers are responsible for executing all on-site aspects of the market every week. From setup to breakdown, managers oversee and execute all market operations and logistics including vendor and community relations, health, agricultural, and public safety regulations, troubleshooting issues, and more.
Managers are responsible for weekly administrative functions including market prep, record keeping, data reporting, market wrap notes, and fee & payment management. Managers are expected to maintain an open line of communication with Farmer Mark supervisory staff and participate in meetings, conference calls, and other assignments as needed.
In addition, Market Managers in an expanded role may be responsible for contributing to project-based support in areas of operations, marketing, and community engagement.
- Hours: Approximately 10-15 hours per week per market.
- Compensation: $15-$17 per hour depending on experience and value added capabilities.
- Work locations: At the market, from home, and other locations around the local community as necessary.
- Commitment: We are a growing company and rely on our market managers to execute the market each week. Our markets are year-round, rain or shine. Markets will only be closed in unsafe conditions or when a holiday falls on a market day. This position is best suited for candidates who are typically local. Managers are expected to be available each week during market hours and for prep/wrap work; additional hours are flexible.
- Will train.
- Self-motivated, quick learner with initiative and drive
- Multi-tasker with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Outstanding customer service representative
- Effective, contributing team player able to take direction and work independently
- Successful community builder with a proven ability to work with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Experience and comfort with rules and regulation enforcement
- Ability to comfortably and safely lift up to 40lb as needed for market setup/breakdown
- Reliable access to a smartphone, internet connection, and printer
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline