- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Communications Manager Georgia Organics
- Date Posted October 21, 2019
- Location Atlanta, GA
- Category Media / Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
Georgia Organics champions organic agriculture and healthy families by empowering farmers to thrive, helping schools engage children in delicious and educational farm-to-school experiences, and making organic and local food accessible to all Georgians.
Established as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in 1997, Georgia Organics is an outgrowth of a growers’ collaborative with roots dating to the 1970s. Led by Executive Director Alice Rolls, our 16-member team is headquartered in Atlanta, GA and our programs reach all corners of the state.
Our Mission: We connect organic food from Georgia farms to Georgia families.
Our Vision: One day, all Georgians will be able to choose fresh, organic food, transforming our health, environment, and economy.
- To Foster a Healthy Environment
- To Improve Personal Health & Public Wellness
- To Build a Sustainable Farm Economy
- To Protect Animal Welfare
Georgia Organics is a member supported, non-profit organization connecting organic food from Georgia farms to Georgia families. We believe food should be community-based, not commodity-based.
An outgrowth of a grower’s association established in the 1970s, Georgia Organics is devoted to promoting sustainable foods and local farms in Georgia.
A sustainable local food system is critical to the future of Georgia’s health, environment, and economy.
Recognizing this vital need, Georgia Organics builds supply through grower education and outreach, and grows demand on the consumer and business end by encouraging market opportunities for local food. We have three key goals:
- Increase the number of organic and sustainable farmers in Georgia;
- Increase the number of children participating in farm to school programs;
- Increase the number of Georgians eating local, organic food.
Georgia Organics is a dynamic and team-driven nonprofit connecting organic food from Georgia farms to Georgia families. Since 1997, the organization has served as a statewide leader in the good food movement to grow healthy foods, farms and families.
Job Description: The Communications Manager is a full-time, 40-hour per week position that supports Georgia Organics in its communications and marketing efforts. At Georgia Organics, we raise funds, friends, and visibility through storytelling. This position will play a key leadership role in strategy and execution to tell the stories of our work and the work of Georgia’s good food movement to grow our organization and movement. The Communications Manager reports to the Fundraising & Communications Director and engages with all staff to foster an organizational culture that honors the vital role storytelling plays in advancing the organization’s mission.
Specific duties include:
Storytelling, Sharing & Assessment
- Consistently engages with the people our programs serve and the team members that run each program;
- Creates digital and print content to share stories of our impact and impact across the good food movement;
- Maintains a comprehensive calendar of all storytelling channels, detailing our content-sharing strategy;
- Leads social media strategy and execution to effectively share our stories and engage with our audiences;
- Assesses the effectiveness of our digital engagement by consistently analyzing and synthesizing analytics.
- Leads the creation of digital, print, and merchandise-related assets for our organization and each program;
- Oversees the maintenance and user experience of our website, georgiaorganics.org, and its sub-domains;
- Leads creation and distribution of our printed storytelling products, including our semi-annual magazine The Dirt; our annual Impact Report, and the Good Food Guide; and our digital products, including e-newsletters;
- Maintains up-to-date and usable digital files, keeping our current storytelling assets at our fingertips.
Event Marketing & Influencer Engagement
- Executes all event-related marketing campaigns; leads on-site communications for all events;
- Builds relationships with journalists, content creators, and influencers across Georgia to share our stories.
Also, may supervise projects carried out by interns and administrative staff. Other responsibilities as required.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and at least three-to-five years of related professional experience. Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, MailChimp, HootSuite, and Microsoft Office. An authentic passion for storytelling and the work of the good food movement, combined with excellent writing, editing, and multi-media skills. Detail-oriented, organized, and proactive. Ability to clearly articulate our mission and programs.
Preferred Qualifications: Strong interpersonal skills. Experience being paid to create digital or print content for established publications. Visual storytelling, public speaking, special events experience, understanding of fundraising, and/or closely related skills are desired.
Compensation: The salary range is $45,000 to $55,000 annually, commensurate with experience. Includes health insurance, retirement investment options, and generous paid time off. Some in-state travel.
this position is : salaried, less than 50k
Georgia Organics is an equal opportunity employer.