Community Manager Bread SRSLY
- Date Posted October 26, 2019
- Location Berkeley, CA
- Category Business
- Job type Full-Time
We are Bread SRSLY, makers of wildly nourishing, SERIOUSLY delicious, gluten-free and vegan sourdough bread in Berkeley, CA. Our mission is to reunite people with sourdough when they thought good bread was off the table. We bake thousands of loaves of bread each week and ship them all over the US to eager gluten-free eaters. We value organic ingredients, sustainable business practices, livable wages, fun in the workplace, and meaningful relationships with our staff, our vendors and our customers.Job description
As Community Manager, you cultivate our brand and our community, provide top-notch customer service, and plan and participate in events. You will build and manage our events strategy and monitor key success metrics.
Our ideal candidate is a highly organized self-starter that loves diving into multiple projects, reaching goals, and building community. You are a people person with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. The Community Manager works with Bread SRSLY’s Sales and Marketing team, manages the Events team, and reports to the CEO.
The Community Manager will:
- Create and manage events strategy including determining and tracking key metrics
- Manage our events and labor budget
- Identify, staff, and manage logistics at trade shows, consumer-facing food and artisan craft shows/events, and farmers markets, and be the day-of contact
- Represent our brand at events, demos, trade shows etc.
- Manage applications and timelines for all events, farmers markets, permits etc.
- Hire Demo and Event Associates in different cities and be their direct supervisor
- Develop partnerships with brands, organizations etc. to augment our event offerings
- Grow Bread SRSLY’s presence in the Bay Area and target regions via field marketing efforts
- Provide excellent customer service via phone and email, and improve processes for receiving and recording customer feedback
- Manage the Bread SRSLY social media community by responding to all comments and inquiries on multiple platforms
- Interact with followers, influencers, bloggers, wellness professionals, and chefs, both reactively and proactively
- Help manage loyalty, ambassador, and affiliate programs
- Collaborate with the Marketing Director to influence and evolve the brand
- Other duties as assigned
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a passion for community and customer relationships
- Has exemplary task management skills
- Is excited to roll up their sleeves and dive in head-first
- Wants to join a great team and a growing brand!
- You aim to do your best each day, and put your best foot forward
- You prioritize safety at all times in the workplace
- You crave feedback and respond to it gracefully
- You deliver feedback constructively
- You treat people with respect
- You are eager to learn, teach, share, and serve
- You help our business succeed
- 1+ years of marketing experience
- Experience planning and working events
- Experience managing social media platforms, especially Instagram and Facebook
- Vehicle with cargo capacity and valid driver license
- Mon-Fri availability with flexibility to work some weekend events
- Occasional travel to events, conferences, talks, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Passion for good bread and growing within the CPG industry!
- Photography skills
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Customer service experience
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 5 paid company holidays
- Paid vacation
- Great coworkers
- Delicious gluten-free sourdough bread