Brand Partnerships Strategist Atlas Obscura, Inc.
- Date Posted November 07, 2019
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Business / Media
- Job type Full-Time
Atlas Obscura is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic, and intensely curious candidate to join our Brooklyn-based Brand Partnerships team. You should have a passion for building relationships and an interest in digital media, branded content, sponsored events, and innovative, integrated marketing programs. You should also be excited by Atlas Obscura’s mission to inspire our audience with wonder and curiosity about the world.
What You’ll Do:
- Represent Atlas Obscura to your clients from start to finish as salesperson, creative lead, and account manager.
- Proactively research and cultivate relationships with prospective clients.
- Contribute to cross-team brainstorms and develop pitch materials.
- Build media plans and manage campaign reporting.
- Communicate clearly with clients about everything from pitches and creative ideas to online ad specifications, performance metrics, and deliverable due dates.
- Be the daily point of contact for our partners and provide stellar account management and client services so that they love working with us and are eager to renew.
- Build deep knowledge of Atlas Obscura’s brand and client offerings.
- Develop strong relationships with senior client and agency partners and with colleagues across the company.
- You have a demonstrated aptitude for creative problem-solving and incredibly strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
- You thrive on building community. You have a deep capacity for empathy and can juggle multiple relationships at once — you can be in touch with 20 people on three different continents without letting your quality of customer service suffer. You’re also comfortable doing this both inside and outside your own organization at varying levels of seniority.
- You’re able to work collaboratively and flexibly within a small team, focused on building a multi-platform media brand that means something to its readers.
- You possess a passion for remarkable journalism and digital media.
- You have familiarity with digital media and/or advertising.
- You are exceptional at task management and project management and have an eye for the little details that make a good presentation a great one.
- You have 4–6+ years of experience in a related field (broadly defined, we’re open to unconventional candidates!).
- Experience in sales, business development, or account management is a plus, as is familiarity with digital media trends, the branded-content and experiential marketplaces, and emerging platforms.
- Experience in food media or food & beverage industry a plus.
this position is : salaried, more than 100k
Compensation is competitive and includes commissions and equity. Benefits for full-time employees include flexible time off, family leave, and contributions toward health, dental, and vision for both employee and family. We value diversity and are committed to an inclusive work environment and a fair and consistent interview process.