Kitchen Production Haley House
- Date Posted January 08, 2020
- Location Boston, MA
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Role: Responsible for preparing delicious food in a community environment. This position works closely with cafe management, other kitchen staff and cashiers to ensure excellent and timely customer service and a clean and healthy food service environment. Dedicated to our mission as well as our partnerships with the community.
We are looking for individuals to work on an hourly basis either full-time or part-time and offer healthcare benefits, PTO and life insurance
- Prepare food items consistently and efficiently by adhering to established recipes and portion sizes
- Prepare recipe ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Work as part of a team with kitchen production workers, other line cooks, cashiers and management to maintain a clean and healthy environment and provide support and assistance as needed
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work area including tables, shelves, grills, sauté burners, ovens, flat top range and other cooking equipment as well as refrigeration equipment
- Make sure bins in walk-in freezer are correctly labeled, dated and rotated following "first in, first out” procedures
- Consolidate containers that have small amounts of the same product to maximize space
- Maintain an excellent attendance record and provide timely notice when absent or arriving after the scheduled start of the shift
- Participate in Open Book management processes and look to identify opportunities to help the Cafe grow revenues and manage staff costs and costs of goods served.
- Must be able to lift 50#
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs and ladders with heavy objects
- Must have the ability to use a knife and advanced knife skills a plus
- Must be able to perform tasks standing for up to 6-8 hours at a time
- Able to move heavy objects in and out of extreme temperatures (ovens, walk-in freezers )
- Culinary training or prior relevant work experience preferred
- Experience at a nonprofit that addresses issues related to homelessness, housing, job training, social justice and/or urban agriculture preferred.
- Commitment to helping the most vulnerable in our society and to the mission of Haley Hous