Dishwasher Haley House
- Date Posted January 08, 2020
- Location Boston, MA
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Role: Responsible for keeping all space in the front of the house and the kitchen tidy, clean and sanitary. This position works closely with cafe management, kitchen staff and cashiers to ensure excellent and timely customer service and a clean and healthy food service environment. Dedicated to our mission as well as our partnerships with the community.
We are looking for individuals to work on an hourly basis either full-time or part-time and offer healthcare and dental benefits as well as PTO and life insurance..
- Ensure the availability of clean dishes by busing tables, washing dishes, pots, pans, and flatware
- Prepare dining areas and kitchen for next shift by cleaning and restocking dining areas and cook stations.
- Clean machines and appliances used in the kitchen, such as coffee makers, pots, and pans, mixers, etc.
- Help unload and store deliveries while adhering to serve safe temperature control guidelines.
- Sweep and mop floors, especially in the event that items are broken or spilled.
- Take out the trash, assist with recycling and composting procedures and rinse garbage cans.
- Clean upstairs and downstairs bathrooms
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work area including tables, shelves, grills, sauté burners, ovens, flat top range and other cooking equipment as well as refrigeration equipment
- Assist with completion of tasks involving line set-up, food preparation, clean up and breakdown
- Maintain an excellent attendance record and provide timely notice when absent or arriving after the scheduled start of the shift
- Participate in Open Book management processes and looks to identify opportunities to help the Cafe grow revenues and manage staff costs and costs of goods served.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Ability to stand or walk for 6- 8-hour shifts and lift at least 20 pounds.
- Willingness to comply with all food safety procedures.
- Experience at a nonprofit that addresses issues related to homelessness, housing, job training, social justice and/or urban agriculture preferred.
- Commitment to helping the most vulnerable in our society and to the mission of Haley House