Sales and Marketing Manager Cedar Circle Farm and Education Center
- Date Posted December 13, 2019
- Location East Thetford, VT
- Category Agriculture / Education
- Job type Full-Time
About Cedar Circle Farm and Education Center
Cedar Circle Farm and Education Center is a certified organic vegetable and berry farm with a farmstand and education center. We have retail greenhouses, a farm kitchen, a coffee shop, and a unique CSA program.
We are a farm with a social mission. We engage the community to develop and share practices that promote regenerative agriculture, good health, and a resource-rich environment.
Our organization has a deep commitment to developing regenerative agriculture practices for our annual vegetable and flower production farm and to educating consumers about the need to support farms that are committed to growing food in a manner that improves and nourishes the soil. We believe regenerative agriculture has great potential to help mitigate climate change by drawing carbon down from the atmosphere into the soil. Raising awareness about the importance of supporting regenerative practices in order to deal with the climate crisis is at the core of the Sales and Marketing Manager’s responsibilities.Job description
The Sales and Marketing Manager works directly with all other department managers to identify and maximize our sales opportunities while maintaining the strong values and integrity that define our organization. The bulk of our sales are through our farmstand (open seasonally, May-October daily, then on weekends through the middle of December), which the person in this position manages on a daily basis, with the support of the Farmstand Assistant Manager and seasonal sales staff. This Sales and Marketing Manager also oversees the retail sales from our cafe, and farmers’ markets, coordinates and promotes CSA programs and wholesale accounts and guides the marketing of all farm programs. This person also provides leadership and guidance to marketing efforts in order to promote both sales, and our mission. A good deal of the marketing work is planned and completed during the winter months.
Sales Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinate and collaborate with the Vegetable, Annuals & Perennials, Kitchen, and Education managers to develop and implement comprehensive retail and wholesale marketing plans.
- Provide leadership to and manage the day to day operations of the farmstand and cafe.
- Develop and retain a well-trained staff who are focused on superlative customer relations, and educating our community about our produce and products, as well as the overall mission of the farm.
- Oversee the development of farmstand displays merchandising, & point of purchase signage, in order to increase farmstand sales.
- Oversee the coordination of our CSA programs.
- Maintain regular communications with all CSA members and other farmstand customers
- Manage and expand our wholesale market through communication with restaurants and other local markets.
Marketing Responsibilities include:
Collaborate on the development and implementation of the annual marketing plan for the entire organization, which includes social media and email marketing; set goals and timelines for projects and promotions.
Write and edit copy for website, marketing emails, and print materials.
Edit all other marketing and communications materials including email promotions, newsletters, and blog.
Identify the need for and execute graphic design projects for all departments, either in- house or working with subcontractors, including print ads, posters, brochures, flyers, and signs.
Work with a web designer on farm website as projects arise, providing content and design suggestions.
General organizational responsibilities
- Complete annual budget projections for sales and marketing; monitor and adjust on a monthly basis with the Executive Director.
- Actively participate on the management team to strategize on the overall direction of the farm.
- Work to further the mission of CCF by increasing engagement and improving the quality of customers’ experiences.
- Support education initiatives and programs as appropriate (festivals, special events).
Required Skills or Experience
- A deep desire to build meaningful connections between our community and our diverse organic farm and education center.
- Bachelor's degree in Sales, Marketing or a related field.
- Proven experience leading successful marketing campaigns, identifying target audiences, and engaging customers.
- Willingness and enthusiasm to work with a team to devise strategies to achieve sales and marketing goals.
- Comfortable working with numbers, metrics, and spreadsheets.
- A strong sense of aesthetics and the ability to create visually appealing retail displays and print designs.
- A love for great writing and witty communication.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in digital marketing and analytics.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm about organic and regenerative agriculture is a plus.
- Self-directed; highly motivated.
- Ability to work well with a diverse set of co-workers.
Desired Skills or Experience
- At least 5 years of marketing management experience, with demonstrated success in marketing.
- Solid knowledge of Google analytics and SEO and CRM.
- Experience setting up and optimizing online ad campaigns, such as Google Adwords.
Please visit our employment page online to apply https://cedarcirclefarm.org/about/employment.
The position will remain open until filled. Cedar Circle Farm and Education Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All who are qualified are encouraged to apply!
We will start interviewing candidates as they apply. Position open until filled.Compensation this position is : salaried, varies DOE Application instructions