Marketing, Communications Coor. Cedar Circle Farm Education Center
- Date Posted January 02, 2020
- Location East Thetford, VT
- Category Agriculture / Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
About Cedar Circle Farm and Education Center
Cedar Circle Farm and Education Center is a certified organic vegetable and berry farm with a farmstand and education center. We have retail greenhouses, a farm kitchen, a coffee shop, and a unique CSA program.
We are a farm with a social mission. We engage the community to develop and share practices that promote regenerative agriculture, good health, and a resource-rich environment.
Our organization has a deep commitment to developing regenerative agriculture practices for our annual vegetable and flower production farm and to educating consumers about the need to support farms that are committed to growing food in a manner that improves and nourishes the soil. We believe regenerative agriculture has great potential to help mitigate climate change by drawing carbon down from the atmosphere into the soil. Raising awareness about the importance of supporting regenerative practices in order to deal with the climate crisis is at the core of all employees' responsibilities.Job description
Major Responsibilities: Communications and marketing coordination. The MCC shares the seasonal stories of Cedar Circle Farm and highlights the many threads which connect individuals and families to the farm, helping to build loyalty and strengthen relationships with the community. The MCC gets the word out about all of the great stuff that we do on the farm, from day to day work to festivals, events, and programs. The MCC works with the Sales & Marketing Manager to develop and execute a marketing plan.
Relationships and Roles within CCF: The MCC works closely with the Sales and Marketing Manager and the Marketing Committee to build and maintain customer relationships and to collaborate on the development and execution of marketing plans. In addition, the MCC is responsible for administrative tasks and general office coordination which includes but are not limited to handling inquiries about our services and programs via telephone and email, as well as managing the registrations for these services and programs.
Marketing duties include:
- Work with marketing committee to develop & organize smaller events to bring more traffic into the farmstand (pop-up events, Donut Saturdays)
- Write and submit Valley News transaction ads, according to Marketing Committee recommendations
- Conduct regular website maintenance, paying attention to customer experience, consistency, grammar, voice.
- Work with Sales & Marketing Manager on email marketing campaigns
- Monitor and update web profiles such as Yelp, Google, and Tripadvisor
- Manage mailing list and increase the use of targeted email marketing
- Collaborate on the promotion of CSA, education programs, and other programs as needed
- Assist in development and implementation of the whole-farm marketing plan
- Work with Sales and Marketing Manager to create a social media strategy and to review and revise it regularly.
- Stay on top of what’s happening on the farm and proactively work to tell our story and promote what we are doing
- Edit and monitor marketing calendar and think ahead about what needs to be done to efficiently and effectively communicate with our customers
- Stay up to date on marketing and social media trends
- Think about things from the customers’ perspective––from website interface to newsletter, to social media…
Communication and other administrative duties include:
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers for Pumpkin Festival; work with Education staff to coordinate details
- Coordinate and process registrations for CSAs
- Coordinate and process registrations for all classes and programs as needed
- Answer phones, check and respond to general farm email and voicemail
- Carry out administrative tasks (such as internet troubleshooting, ordering office supplies, etc)
- Daily social media communication––posting, interacting, increasing reach, building loyalty
- Write and send the weekly newsletter
- Participate in educational activities or events as required and pre-arranged by Education Program Manager
Cedar Circle Farm and Education Center is an EOE. This position will remain open until filled.Compensation this position is : hourly, $15/hr + Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline