Kitchen Assistant Eat Chic Chocolates
- Date Posted January 24, 2020
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Eat Chic Chocolates is a woman-owned and operated confection brand based in Brooklyn that produces handmade chocolate peanut butter and nut butter cups in delicious flavors like matcha cashew butter, chocolate hazelnut butter, and our signature salted peanut butter and almond butter cups. The chocolates are made with organic ingredients; are naturally vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, and palm oil-free; and one range is refined sugar-free. We primarily sell to wholesale accounts (over 150 specialty stores, cafes, juice bars, and wellness centers around the country) and direct-to-consumer from our website.Job description
Eat Chic Chocolates is looking for a Kitchen Assistant to start immediately at 40 hours per week. We are looking for individuals with a strong attention to detail, ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure, and who take pride in their work and feel a sense of ownership in the company and its success. A passion for small business, chocolate and/or organic and natural foods is a plus. You must be flexible and able to adapt to the changing priorities of a small business environment with strong seasonal fluctuations.
You will work under the supervision of the founder and our Operations Manager to help facilitate the preparation, packaging, and shipping of large and small volumes of chocolates to stores and customers across the country. This is a great opportunity to join a young, growing business and you will gain a valuable learning experience through exposure to multiple aspects of a food business's operations.
- Packaging chocolates
- Preparing chocolates for shipment
- Shipping chocolates to customers and wholesale accounts
- Properly storing and labeling chocolates
- Taking chocolate inventory
- Maintaining a clean, organized, and efficient work environment
Must be available to work Monday-Friday.
- A background or demonstrated interest in food business, small business, chocolate, start-ups, and/or logistics
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work efficiently while maintaining high quality standards
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- A devotion to maintaining a clean and orderly work environment
- Professional work ethic and effective communication skills
- Ability to take direction and follow established guidelines
- Ability to work independently, resourcefully, and meet hard deadlines
- Ability to complete repetitive tasks (such as sealing chocolate bags) efficiently and precisely, understanding that we sell a luxurious product that must meet our high quality standards to satisfy our customers
- Ability to meet physical demands including extended periods of standing and walking throughout the day, and lifting up to 50lbs
- Ability to take on additional tasks as needed based on the changing needs of a small business
- Food safety certification a plus!
- Reliability during the busy season is a must!