Garden Manager Cornerstone Sonoma
- Date Posted January 27, 2020
- Location Sonoma, CA
- Category Agriculture
- Job type Full-Time
This position is the leader of the Landscape Team and is responsible for all aesthetic details of the facility’s exterior grounds and gardening practices. Works closely with, participates in, and supervises the landscape team. Maintaining high standards of grounds appearance, safety, beauty, and functionality. May be called upon to give educational talks with customers, staff and media on activities and best practices in landscaping and gardening.
Main duties of this position include:
• Maintains a safe, orderly, and clean working environment.
• Participates in and manages the landscaping and garden staff with efficiency, attention to detail, and in a manner that achieves the highest level of standards; leading by example and promoting strong work ethics and a positive work environment.
• Interacts with customers and staff in an educational, friendly, inviting way in an effort to enhance customer experience.
• Works with staff to maintain workspace, tools and grounds in a clean and organized manner. Ensures all landscape and garden equipment and machinery is well maintained and serviced.
• Participates in hiring, training, developing, and inspiring team.
• Accurately labels and maintains records of plants and their locations throughout the grounds.
• Oversees inspections, quality control, scheduling of work, and inventory control.
• Works with outsources vendors and purveyors. Troubleshoots potential problems and concerns; contacting outside vendors if needed.
• Responds to landscaping requests from Tenants or Senior Management
• Seeks out new methods and practices and incorporates them into existing landscaping activities.
• Provides written or verbal reports of landscaping services and activities as required by Senior Management
• Keeps current on best in class horticulture and landscape management practices.
• Assists in other areas of property operations with when needed.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• College degree in horticulture/botany or four years experience working in horticulture, landscape, or garden management
• Two years supervisory experience as an effective leader with the ability to be hands on with the staff and motivate the team in a manner that is in alignment with the priorities of the property
• Must possess a detailed knowledge and understanding of plants including vegetable, perennials, shrubs, evergreens and trees
• Proven success in hospitality landscape and design
• Excellent organizational, communication and prioritization skills
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to be insured on company vehicles
• Interest in working for a premier event property and desire and ability to design, manage, and maintain exceptional gardens which are an indispensable component of our guest experience
• Punctual, dependable, and willing to work in all kinds of weather
• Ability to communicate in a clear, understandable speaking voice, capable of communicating business information by telephone or in person to internal/external contacts.
• Works outside in heat and cold throughout the facility.
• Accurate and clear vision and hearing. Full physical mobility. Ability to stand; walk; sit; use tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Compensation this position is Application instructions