Communications Manager KitchenTown
- Date Posted February 07, 2020
- Location San Mateo, CA
- Category Business
- Job type Full-Time
Job Purpose and Summary:
We’re looking for a Communications Manager to join our team! The Communications Manager is a highly interactive, relationship-driven role that will promote and catalyze communication and collaboration across KitchenTown’s customers and community, including seasoned entrepreneurs, food professionals, investors and eaters. This new role will serve as the link and steward to our KitchenTown Makers, growing the KitchenTown resource network, and expanding our community at large.
The Communications Manager will own all engagement tools and tactics to maintain and grow our community online and in-person. This includes creating new online programming and discussion topics, designing local and virtual events, managing our email newsletter, social media, and website. The Communications Manager will have their finger on the pulse of the food startup ecosystem and will also be responsible for supporting Makers throughout their tenure at KitchenTown. This means understanding Makers’ needs and connecting them with the right resources at the right time. You will work across all departments with multiple stakeholders to get answers, facilitate communication, and complete projects.
The ideal candidate is familiar with the ins and outs of running a food business (perhaps a founder themselves), can anticipate needs and act accordingly, is an independent-self starter, and a proactive communicator. You are comfortable working with little guidance and are used to forging paths of your own based on shared team goals.
- Create and manage a monthly editorial calendar that includes new programming and engagement opportunities for our customers/members including: articles, prompts, and targeted email campaigns—all designed to bring customers/members back regularly to engage with the organization and with each other around specific topics or trending issues.
- Actively contribute to the ongoing conversations and discussions happening within the community and online by commenting, answering questions, and encouraging our customers/members to open up and contribute.
- Manage online engagement tools such as regular email newsletter, social media, and website
- Manage quarterly check-ins with Makers and connect them to the resources they need
- Assist in Maker onboarding, and track Makers’ progress throughout their tenure at KitchenTown
- Maintain our growing network of partners, resources, and service providers
- Produce meaningful content that helps tell the story of KitchenTown to our larger audience
- Produce educational and networking events for our Makers’ and the larger community
- Collaborate with Kitchentown Launchpad and Colab teams
Qualifications & Experience:
- 2-3 years experience working in the food industry
- Ability to empathize and understand people’s needs and act accordingly
- Experience writing and producing content (newsletters, blog articles, social media posts, videos, etc.)
- Experience managing online communities a plus
- Advanced computer skills (Google Suite, Adobe CC, Trello, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Organizational wizard - ability to manage multiple projects at a time across different departments. You are detail-oriented.
- Proactive communicator - ability to seek out answers and facilitate communications between departments
- Team player - you like working alone, but know that we are stronger together
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineFebruary 28, 2020