Executive Director Farm to Pantry
- Date Posted February 07, 2020
- Location Healdsburg, CA
- Category Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
Farm to Pantry was founded in 2008 in response to a lack of available fresh produce for the most vulnerable members of the local area surrounding Healdsburg, California.
Our mission is to cultivate good health and community by rescuing nutritious, locally grown food to share with those in need and to reduce greenhouse gases.
We carry out our mission by engaging volunteer gleaners (students, seniors, families, Becoming Independent, team-building employees) to harvest or collect from local farmers fresh produce that would otherwise go uneaten and then to distribute it to over 30 nonprofit partners and organizations that provide food to those in need. Today our partners include local food pantries, Redwood Empire Food Bank, Alliance Medical Center, Catholic Charities, afterschool programs and school nutrition classes. We also provide fresh produce directly to residents of several low income housing residences.
Over the past eleven years, our volunteers have gleaned, gathered and delivered over 225 tons of local, farm-fresh produce, providing to those in need of nourishment over 1.8 million servings of healthy produce while reducing food waste and approximately 469 metric tons of CO2.
Additionally, Farm to Pantry develops and supports local projects that connect and educate the community, particularly students, about the need for and the benefit of nutritious produce for all.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Farm to Pantry’s staff, programs and execution of its mission. In this small but growing organization, the ED will be responsible for managing day to day operations, overseeing the programs and staff, formulating budgets, analyzing financials and developing and executing a fundraising plan to raise sufficient contributed income to support current and future programs and operations. The successful ED will develop in-depth knowledge of the field, programs, operations, strategic plan and be thoroughly committed to Farm to Pantry’s mission.
Leadership and Management:
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence and consistent, high quality financial management and administration
- Recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals
- Actively engage and energize Farm to Pantry’s volunteers, board members, event committees, partnering organizations, and funders
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong board of directors; serve as ex-officio of the board; seek and build board involvement with strategic priorities
- Develop the human resource capacity needed to effectively lead, coach, develop and retain Farm to Pantry staff and to ensure compliance with all state and Federal labor laws and requirements
- Ensure effective systems to track progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders and constituents
- Develop and execute Farm to Pantry’s fundraising plan
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Identify grant opportunities; write and oversee grants and grant reporting
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Create and execute a strategy for an increased, sustained base of annual individual donors
- Oversee organization fundraising events
- Develop communications strategies that will broaden programmatic reach and deepen impact
- Develop and refine Farm to Pantry’s “core” messages to ensure organizational consistency
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities and leverage Farm to Pantry’s work
Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include but may not be limited to:
- Senior management leadership experience; track record of effectively leading staff; proven experience in financial management and human resources; ability to point to specific examples of having taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach and manage staff, develop and manage the budget, and achieve strategic objectives
- Strong marketing and public relations experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong fund development, fundraising, and donor relations skills with proven track record
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Past success working with a board of directors and the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative in approach to program development
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
- Knowledge of Google G Suite, Office, and Excel and proficiency with social media
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English a plus
Compensation this position is : salaried Application instructions