Head Chef Red Rabbit LLC
- Date Posted February 27, 2020
- Location 1751 Park Ave, NY
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
About the Role
The Head Chef position is an exciting opportunity for a chef looking to engage in meaningful, impactful work. The role offers a stable schedule allowing for afternoons and Fridays off.
Leading a 2 person team, the Head Chef works on the line, cooking and expediting thousands of meals daily while ensuring consistency and quality. The first to arrive in the morning, the Head Chef sets the tone for the staff and prepares the kitchen for a successful day.
Strong candidates will have a team-player mentality and excel at supporting and motivating their team.
- Culinary Execution: Cook and expedite thousands of meals on a daily basis according to Red Rabbit’s recipes. Maintain a food-safe kitchen at all times. Ensure that all food is prepared and cooked consistently and meets our high-quality standards. Create and implement systems to minimize food waste.
- Leadership: Arrive on time each morning in order to set-up the kitchen and prepare for the day. Being reliable and having the ability to do morning prep independently is essential.
- Team Work: Support the work of the full kitchen team to ensure a collaborative and efficient atmosphere. Communicate with Kitchen Managers throughout the day to ensure timelines are being adhered to and to problem-solve, as needed. Troubleshoot and report equipment and facility issues immediately.
Skills & Requirements
- 2+ years professional culinary experience in a fast-paced role in the service industry (i.e. restaurants), high volume kitchen production (i.e. commissary kitchen), or in a similar cafeteria role (i.e. schools/hospitals)
- Ability to adhere to a daily production schedule.
- Demonstrated knowledge of proper food safety and sanitation practices
- Must have NYC food handlers license or certificate
- Must be extremely well organized, detail-oriented and have the ability to multitask
- Must be reliable, function well within a team and work calmly and efficiently in a fast-moving environment
- Must have a great attitude who contributes to a positive working environment
- Must share our passion for improving nutrition and health in schools
- Must be able to read and write in English. Bilingual (English and Spanish) a plus.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis
Job Type: Full Time
Typical Hours: Sunday-Thursday 5:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Location: East Harlem, New York
Reports to: Kitchen Manager
Compensation: $45K - $52K (plus benefits)
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision Insurance / Free Lunch / B-Corp Membership.
About Red Rabbit
Red Rabbit is growing fast - together we are changing the way an entire generation approaches food, through our whimsical menus, sustainable business practices and a focus on doing work that matters. If this sounds like the kind of company you want to be a part of, you may be the perfect fit!
Red Rabbit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation.