Line Cook Rose Baker-Dover Street Market NY
- Date Posted February 27, 2020
- Location New York, NY
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Founded in Paris in 2002 by Rose and Jean Charles Carrarini, Rose Bakery’s signature fresh and natural food was brought to the ground floor of Dover Street Market New York in 2013.The Anglo-French bakery’s menu changes every day to reflect the very best ingredients available. This philosophy has garnered them an international following, two renowned cook books by Phaidon and multiple locations in Paris, London, Tokyo and Seoul. The Café’s commitment to seasonal, healthy and nutritious eating has made menus staples such as the Assiette de Legumes, Quiche and Carrot Cake worldwide best-sellers. Job description
Rose Bakery New York is seeking a Cook to work alongside the Head Chef at our New York City establishment. The selected candidate will be responsible for cooking menu items in accordance with Rose Bakery standards and in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff. This person will be crossed trained to work hot line as well as pastry station.
- Prepare food, chop vegetables, butcher meat, prepare sauces and all other ingredients.
- Comply with and enforce hygiene and food safety standards.
- Assist other cooks during the food assembly process.
- Season food according to recipes and in accordance with the Rose Bakery philosophy.
- Assist Head Chef with ordering food and other supplies.
- Clean up after business hours.
- Creative, Simple, Seasonal, Top Quality Food
- Seamless Operations
- Controlled Costs
- A highly motivated individual able converse with all levels both internally and externally.
- Self-starter, able to set the standard by their own professionalism and attitude.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated, self-organized and a team player. Willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Decisive, structured and organized, with a keen eye for detail.
- Punctual, possesses excellent time management skills.
- Flexible, adapts to the every changing needs of the business.
- Possesses an enthusiasm and a passion for the Rose Bakery philosophy.
- Excellent cook who enjoys cooking simply with the best ingredients available.
- Strong communicator.
- Capable of multi-tasking while maintaining a high attention to detail.
- Flexible to the needs of the business.
- Able to assist Head Chef with preparing delicious meals.
- Pasty experience preferred