Butcher Shop Associate Walden Local Meat Co.
- Date Posted June 09, 2020
- Location Boston, MA
- Category Agriculture / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
We produce the highest quality supply of 100% grass-fed beef and other pasture-raised meat including chicken, pork and lamb from nearby highly principled farms.
By partnering with SMALL INDUSTRIOUS FARMERS instead of industrial factory farms, we are REINVIGORATING our local agricultural economy, in support of healthier and happier animals, people and communities.
For the people who want to take back control of the food they buy, cook, and eat…
For the farmers who work hard to ethically raise animals in open pastures…
For the animals that deserve to be fed what they are meant to eat and to be treated with dignity…
For the soil that needs better stewardship as one of our most vital natural resources…
For the long-term health and happiness of families and friends…
For the strength of local economies…
We are making local work. Job description
We are looking for full-time and part-time retail help!
Shop Associate - Boston, MA
Walden is New England and New York’s leading brand of sustainable, locally raised meat, distributed directly to thousands of households as well as wholesale channels. We are a growing 4-year old mission-driven startup 'making local work' by reinvigorating local agricultural economies, in support of healthier animals, soils, and communities. We are taking on many 'crazy' challenges - owning cattle, last mile delivery, our own fulfillment, balancing whole animal sales - all of which are complicated optimization problems that we are passionate about solving. If you like complicated problems and ambitious missions, we'd love to meet you.
Your primary focus will be assisting in the management of the 316 Shawmut butcher shop including: customer relationships and service (both in the store and promoting the Walden Local Meat brand/monthly share program), inventory planning and management, food and store presentation, and ensuring the condition and safety of Walden assets at the store.
- Providing excellent customer service
- Informing and promoting the Walden share program to prospective members
- Educating customers on the meat industry, the Walden mission, and specific meat cuts
- Safely handle, prepare and sell Walden Local product (including partner products)
- Store opening and/or closing preparation work
- Maintaining a clean and safe store
- Detail-oriented and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated experience managing people and teams
- Hands-on, "get-it-done" attitude
- Passion for our mission and sustainable agriculture/ food
- Food industry knowledge
- Willingness to get hands dirty and jump in to do whatever needs to get done
- Excellent communicator & ability to deliver customer service above and beyond expectations
- Creative, problem-solving ability
- Email and Microsoft Office Proficiency
Compensation is commensurate with experience.Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions