Marketing Communications Wulf's Fish +1 more
- Date Posted June 18, 2020
- Location Boston, MA
- Category Business
- Job type Part-Time
About Wulf’s Fish
Wulf's Fish is a boutique seafood distributor serving top restaurants in Boston, New York City, and across the country. We source only the best seafood, handle it meticulously, and cut fish by hand with an old school attention to detail and service.
The current distribution company grew out of a beloved fish market in Brookline that sold to a loyal clientele for 90 years, starting in 1926. In 2016, we closed the store and shifted our focus from the neighborhood to the restaurant kitchen. Our chef customers are just as obsessed with quality as we are, and they range from multi-Michelin starred chefs working every day to maintain and exceed their own high standards, to up-and-coming independent chef-operators striving to make their mark on the world. In spring 2020, we launched an online store and home delivery service, selling to home cooks the same top-quality products usually reserved for chefs.
Instagram https://www.instagram.com/wulfsfish/Facebook https://www.facebook.com/wulfsfish/ Job description
Wulf’s Fish is seeking a marketing communications freelancer to assist with content and social media marketing. The ideal candidate will be able to take assignments and return clean, well-written copy, as well as contribute to the creative voice of the company.
- Writing and Editing — This is the heart of the role. Projects could include: writing product descriptions, writing introductions to recipes and editing recipes for style, promotional copy for the website and digital ad campaigns, proofreading copy for content and style, press release writing, creative briefs for design projects
- Email marketing — Assist with production of the twice weekly newsletter for home cooks
- Social media management — Assist with posting and maintaining social media accounts and promotions
- Project coordination — Work in coordination with other members of the team to pull together the information needed for content development. Participate in brainstorms for the next great content series or promotion
- Marketing admin tasks, on occasion — We’re an all-hands-on-deck kind of company, and everyone does some of this
- Knowledge of food and a passion for the subject is essential. No prior seafood knowledge is required, but you must be eager to immerse yourself in the topic. It’s infinitely varied and detailed.
- 3+ years of experience in a marketing communications role or as a freelance writer
- Strong writing and storytelling skills — someone who knows how to find the interesting angle in any topic and can write a catchy headline
- Strong editorial skills — ability to help create a style guide and live by it
- Comfortable with content management and email marketing platforms, like Squarespace and MailChimp
- Experience promoting brands or causes online a plus
- This position is a part-time contract
- 15 hrs/week with a three month commitment and the possibility to extend
- Paid hourly, $25-35/hr based on experience
- Remote work OK. The schedule is flexible, but the majority of time must overlap with east coast business hours.