The Flour Shop is the playground of cake mastermind and Flourist, Amirah Kassem. She’s taken everything that she loves – cake, rainbows, glitter, unicorns and imagination – and created a space that contains an Instagram around every corner. #nofilterneeded. In the retail shop you can find a wall-to-wall rainbows that fill the entire room along with a 25-foot (kirakira friendly) glitter counter that contains all of her most popular treats – and not to mention influencers from around the world that come to Flour Shop to live the birthday lifestyle. Whether you want to follow your sweet-tooth, take a picture under the infamous Flour Shop rainbow or just have some fun, you will want to experience the colorful, whimsical world fun of Flour Shop!
A well-known confection baker with a birthday lifestyle from New York is hiring an ICE CREAM MAKER, for our new commissary kitchen in Culver City. We are looking for an enthusiastic, eager and talented ice cream maker. This person should be precise, thorough, and likes to work in a fun fast-paced environment. We need this person to make, churn, and execute our ice creams from push popsicles to ice cream cakes and bring creativity to new recipes and designs. This position also has a lot of potential to grow as the bakery and cafe grows. If you are hungry to learn and grow, this could be your dream job!RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Know ice cream making processes from start-to-finish. You must be able to follow instructions written in English and have excellent communication skills.
- Have a positive, high energy, friendly, enthusiastic, team-oriented attitude but can work independently.
- You are able to work quickly while still maintaining attention to detail.
- Efficiency is key. We expect speed and precision in every recipe with integrity.
- A degree in culinary arts preferred, but not mandatory.
- Have a minimum of 2 years of experience in a high-volume production kitchen
Food Safety / Production:
You must have an LA Food Handlers License and understand food safety standards both at your station and around you. A ServSafe Manager Certification is a plus!
You have the ability to lift and carry between 35 to 50 lbs. and to stand on feet for 8 hours at a time
COVID-19 considerations: We provide personal face masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer. Face masks are required every time you’re around people while working.
Schedule: Full Time, Open-availability - Weekdays, weekends, occasional nights, and holidays
this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr
Please click here to sign in and view application details. If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free!