Baker Unity Bread LLC
- Date Posted June 24, 2020
- Location Houston, TX
- Category Culinary / Production
- Job type Part-Time
We are seeking a passionate baker with experience in baking bread and a desire to learn more. You will be responsible for the timing, baking, packaging and displaying of breads and laminated doughs. It is the baker's responsibility to ensure the quality of the goods being used is up to par and make note of when supplies are running low so that an order can be made. We have both part-time and full-time positions available. The position is hourly and bake days may begin as early as 4 am.
- Proper timing and execution of prep/mix/bakes of multiple recipes concurrently.
- Arranging the display case in an appealing manner.
- Ensure back-up supply of baked goods is ready to meet business needs.
- Keeping records relating to deliveries, inventory, and production levels.
- Ensuring all baked goods are completed on time.
- Cleaning and restocking workstations and ensuring that all equipment is sanitized and prepared for the next shift.
- Small amount of food prep to make fillings.
- Looking to build on experience and improve on craft.
- At least one year, more is preferred, of bread and laminated dough making experience. Home bakers welcome!
- Ability to read and follow recipes.
- Baking (experience with naturally leavened breads is preferred).
- Strong communication, time and resource management, and planning skills.
- Attention to detail, especially when performing quality inspections on ingredients and products.
- Must be able to adhere to health and safety regulations.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Willingness to work independently, with minimal supervision, or with other team members to solve problems, plan schedules, fulfill orders, and create amazing baked goods.
- Must be able to work in small space with others.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule according to business needs.
Baker’s physical requirements
- Heavy lifting required, up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for 8 - 10 hours.
- Frequent walking, kneeling, bending and reaching overhead.
Baker’s mission, values, goals
- Always striving and looking for ways to improve both bake and process.
- Focus and desire for creating consistent product and customer experience.
- A growth mindset of always wanting to learn - especially about natural leaven.
- Wanting to contribute to the Houston bread baking community through co-creation with a small business outlet.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline