Food Access and Equity Manager Just Roots
- Date Posted October 05, 2020
- Location Greenfield, MA
- Category Agriculture / Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
As the Food Access and Equity Manager, you will oversee programs, communications and community engagement to bring equitable, meaningful health, opportunity and connection to people’s lives!
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and oversee work plans, logistics and day-to-day operations for programming, communications, and equity-focused work streams
- Work closely with Food Access and Equity team coordinators, and Just Roots team at large, to ensure programs, communications and community engagement efforts are effectively implemented
- Develop messaging and programming that is anti-oppression, inclusive and consistent
- Support the development of and maintain community partnerships
- Lead the Food Access and Equity team in tracking, analyzing and reporting on milestones, impacts, expenses, challenges and successes of programs
- Program development: work closely with Associate Director and partners to build, manage and improve upon programs
- Engage with community through staffing events, and leading and participating in community meetings and conversations
- Curate and provide content for stakeholders and the public around the importance of Equitable Food Access and programs like those of Just Roots
- Support Just Roots Associate Director and new projects/workstreams as needed
- Outstanding communicator — strong writing and verbal communication skills! Will consistently communicate through text, email, phone and in-person with community, team members and partners
- Flexible and creative — responsive and open to the needs of the organization and community, graceful and enthusiastic about pivoting and changing approaches as needs/projects shift
- Strong analytical skills — ability to skillfully and efficiently seek out information (ex: equity and health literature, legislation, services, products, regulations), analyze and provide overviews, briefings and recommendations
- Confident working both independently and as a member of a collaborative team in direct and remote work settings
- Ease in both navigating basic computer software programs (google docs and sheets, basic graphic design and back-end web, Microsoft Word and Excel) and learning new basic programs used by Just Roots
- Experience with database/customer relationship management software. Just Roots uses Filemaker (training will be provided)
- Exceptionally organized, detail-oriented and able to juggle competing priorities and dynamic projects
- Experience in and commitment to working with, following the lead of, and elevating the voices of oppressed people. Lived experience or commitment to anti-oppression work.
- Flexible and responsive – inspired by trying new things, reflecting, learning, pivoting and trying again!
- Competency in making swift and sound independent judgment calls, and commitment to collaborative, mindful and thorough decision-making processes
- Driven to be a part of change in this world, with an abundance of positivity and hope (no expectation to check the rest of your emotions at the door — we’re also angry and heartbroken about the inequities plaguing our world — but we need your hope and positivity too!)
- 3+ years experience in project management and reporting
- 2+ years experience in community organizing
- Comfort with driving large trucks (training will be provided). Current driver’s license necessary. No CDL license required.
this position is : salaried
WORK DURING COVID-19
Just Roots programs and efforts continue providing food and building strength and equity in our communities during these challenges and physically distanced times. For this position, much of the work will be done remotely for the duration of state-recommended physical distancing. Travel to and working in a shared office in Greenfield, as well as meeting with staff, community members and partners in safely spaced outdoor gatherings will also be required. Safety is our priority — masks, distancing, and limited numbers in the office space are all required. Decisions on the timing of return to a daily office presence will be communicated in a timely manner. Continued remote work will be discussed on an individual basis.