Recipe Editor Mealime
- Date Posted October 09, 2020
- Location Anywhere
- Category Culinary
- Job type Part-Time
Mealime is making it easy for everyone to cook at home again. We’ve made meal planning, grocery shopping and cooking as simple as getting takeout with our top-rated meal planning app. Every week our chefs create delicious, easy-to-cook recipes enjoyed by millions of users worldwide. Unlike meal kit companies, we leverage existing supply chains to enable grocery delivery without the added costs of preparing food.
Ultimately, our vision is to make it easy and affordable for everyone to eat at home.Job description
The role & responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Head Chef to review, edit, and provide feedback on recipes with the goal of keeping them within Mealime's established criteria. This includes style, nutrition, and ingredient requirements.
- Discuss possible edits/changes with the Head Chef and Recipe Developers if/when recipes do not meet the Mealime standard.
- Assist Head Chef with special projects as needed, including occasional recipe testing to ensure quality and accuracy.
- An experienced recipe editor, with demonstrated success in writing/editing recipes for an online audience.
- Have a well rounded knowledge of ingredients, cooking methods and techniques, and a variety of diet types
- Familiar with Google Apps and tech-savvy enough to quickly learn additional software programs.
- A team player with strong communication skills
- Demonstrate excellent writing skills
- Attentive to detail
- Takes instruction well and has a willingness to learn
- Passionate about food and cooking and want to work with a rapidly growing startup
- Available to dedicate 10+ hours per week
- Training & Development
- Flexible hours
- Delicious food