Communications and Database Manager Real Organic Project
- Date Posted October 31, 2020
- Location Anywhere
- Category Agriculture / Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
Real Organic Project, a grassroots farmer-led non-profit, seeks a Visual Communications/Database Manager to join our growing team. The Real Organic Project runs an add-on certification program focused on integrity within the certified organic system. Real Organic Project also organizes a yearly symposium and undertakes a large variety of consumer and farmer facing educational efforts. Whoever fills this position should feel passionate about creating change within the food system and working hard to support “real” organic farmers. We pride ourselves on being a small organization that gets big things done. This position is full time, salaried and is a permanently 100% remote job.
For this role, Real Organic Project is seeking a highly organized and self-sufficient employee who can manage the technology underpinning our certification program, communications, and educational outreach. Applicants do not need previous experience with all of our technology platforms, but must have enough technology fluency that they can quickly learn the ropes.
Specifically, the person filling this position will make regular updates to our WordPress website, organize and update our digital media (which may include some very light video editing), and organize/manage our certification program database. The Visual Communications and Database Manager will also engage in helping to recruit/communicate with farmers and assist with the development and production of our yearly symposium. The right candidate would also have the opportunity to develop visual communication materials.
- Make updates to Wordpress websites
- Experience in Photoshop/Canva or a similar program
- Manage and update our certification database system (we use Zoho)
- Highly organized and self-sufficient
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Highly fluent and comfortable with technology
- Passionate about the good food movement
- Previous video editing or graphic design experience