- Date Posted February 18, 2021
- Location Tomales, CA
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Summer Job
In Italian, Sagra is “a local festival and feast to bring in the harvest - a celebration of nature, of earth and its bounty.”
Sagra is a hospitality company whose mission is to connect people with sustainable farms. Sagra invites guests to stay overnight on a beautiful property, learn about regenerative farming practices, and savor delicious meals with ingredients fresh from the farm. Through building and operating hospitality experiences, including lodging and dining, Sagra creates better connections to our food, our land and each other. Each stay on a Sagra farm directly contributes to the farm’s bottom line, supporting another season of farming, feeding the community, and improving the health of the land.
Our love for the land, food, and its people is at the heart of Sagra. Our ability to grow as a hospitality company is rooted in the strength and diversity of our team. In bringing together individuals with varied pasts, backgrounds, perspectives, and talent we believe we can learn from one another, build upon cumulative ideas, and translate these into unforgettable experiences for our guests. Sagra is about coming together as a community to show how we respect and care for our land, for our farms, and for each other. We look forward to building this community with you.Job description OVERVIEW
Our initial location is Stemple Creek Ranch in Tomales, CA. We will be building and setting up a 10 room site with a food & beverage component that will run from April 9th through early July - with potential to extend.
Along with overnight accommodations Sagra will be offering a morning breakfast basket and evening meal service. There will also be a farm stand open throughout the day selling food items sourced from the area and artisan goods.
The role will be centered around the launch of Sagra at Stemple Creek Ranch and running the guest experience alongside the Head of Hospitality.
The role will start in mid-March to help bring the site to life. The goal will be to have the manager take full ownership of daily operations by May.
The manager brings a spirit and energy to Sagra that sets the tone for the guest and staff experience at Stemple Creek Ranch. They oversee daily service, employees, interact with guests on site and make them feel welcome and at ease in a new environment. This leader must have a curiosity and interest in sustainable agriculture and desire to immerse themselves in the fabric of Stemple Creek Ranch for the length of the Sagra experience.
- Set and maintain a supportive and inclusive work environment in a new business setting
- Work with Head of Hospitality to hire and train staff
- Create and maintain staff schedules
- Clearly and consistently communicate responsibilities and expectations to staff
- Ensure employees receive the necessary training and support to achieve the Sagra guest experience
- Coach employees to anticipate, identify, and resolve issues that positively impact the guest experience
- Ensure all programming is organized and set-up to run smoothly
- Work closely with the chef to ensure all F&B elements are in place and communicate any changes in head count and allergens
- Act as a front of house employee -- greeting guests, handling requests as they arise, and working dinner service (depending on schedule)
- Ensure Department of Health compliance and maintain safety standards
- Ensure COVID-19 protocols are being followed and stay up to date on state and county regulations
- Collaborate with Head of Hospitality to ensure all guest touch points are aligned
- Oversee management of inventory and orders
- Oversee housekeeping and ensure cabins are inspected after cleaning
- Manage any maintenance issues and repairs
- Oversee pump out schedule for tented restrooms and communicate any utility issues with Head of Hospitality
- Genuinely enjoys connecting with people
- Is detail oriented and organized
- Interested in working in a ranch environment and engaging with farm programming
- Has 4+ years experience in hospitality or similar industry with management experience
- Easily overcomes obstacles and problem solves
- Can foresee problems and act on solving them
- Is a true team player with a can-do attitude
- Is willing to do the small tasks
- Can transition from watering plants, to giving direction to other staff members, to speaking with guests, to changing out towels and serving food
- Experience opening new hospitality spaces -- hotels, restaurants etc.
- Understanding of agriculture
- Hourly compensation based on experience
- Role will be 4 days a week for the month of April and 5 days a week for May & June
- $300/month stipend towards health insurance
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Compensation this position is : hourly, $20/hr + Application instructions