- Date Posted February 18, 2021
- Location Tomales, CA
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Summer Job
In Italian, Sagra is “a local festival and feast to bring in the harvest - a celebration of nature, of earth and its bounty.”
Sagra is a hospitality company whose mission is to connect people with sustainable farms. Sagra invites guests to stay overnight on a beautiful property, learn about regenerative farming practices, and savor delicious meals with ingredients fresh from the farm. Through building and operating hospitality experiences, including lodging and dining, Sagra creates better connections to our food, our land and each other. Each stay on a Sagra farm directly contributes to the farm’s bottom line, supporting another season of farming, feeding the community, and improving the health of the land.
Our love for the land, food, and its people is at the heart of Sagra. Our ability to grow as a hospitality company is rooted in the strength and diversity of our team. In bringing together individuals with varied pasts, backgrounds, perspectives, and talent we believe we can learn from one another, build upon cumulative ideas, and translate these into unforgettable experiences for our guests. Sagra is about coming together as a community to show how we respect and care for our land, for our farms, and for each other. We look forward to building this community with you.
Job description OVERVIEW
Our initial location is at Stemple Creek Ranch in Tomales, CA. We will be building and setting up a 10 room site with a food & beverage component that will run from April 9th through early July - with potential to extend.
Along with overnight accommodations Sagra will be offering a morning breakfast basket and evening meal service, there will also be a farm stand open throughout the day selling food items sourced from the area and artisan goods.
The role will be centered around running the guest experience of Sagra at Stemple Creek Ranch.
This position is meant for someone who enjoys interacting with people, managing a variety of daily tasks, and isn’t scared to get their hands dirty. Sagra team members have the opportunity to start prior to opening to help set up the site in late March or begin training the week of April 5th and work through closing weekend July 5th.
While this is a short-term position for now, we seek to create a community of staff members engaged in the work and look for opportunities for people to transition to full time where possible.
Sagra Team Member Responsibilities
- Maintain oversight of the reservation system and guest check ins/check outs
- Welcome and check in guests, greeting them with a snack and guidebook
- Respond to guest needs as they arise
- Speak to guests about the ranching practices of Stemple Creek and sustainable agriculture
- Maintain stock and overall set-up of Farm Stand
- Set up work for breakfast and dinner service
- Work dinner service, including assisting guests with beverage selections, menu questions, running food, and clearing plates
- Work breakfast - handing out and clearing baskets
- Break down dining area and fire pit area (ensuring all fires are safely extinguished)
- Ensure all programming -- classes and farm tours are running smoothly (at times leading or participating in programming)
- Ensure all aspects of the site are functional and address maintenance needs with manager
- Coordinate housekeeping with manager
- Communicate any inventory or ordering needs to manager
- Water plants and maintain Sagra Market Garden
- Ensure all guests and staff feel welcome on the Sagra site at Stemple Creek Ranch
- Participate in staff education surrounding sustainable agriculture practices
- Genuinely enjoys connecting with people
- Is detail oriented and organized
- Interested in working in a ranch environment and engaging with farm programming
- Has 4+ years experience in hospitality or event management
- Can foresee issues before they arise and act to solve them
- Easily overcomes obstacles and problem solves
- Is a true team player with a can-do attitude
- Is willing to do the small tasks -- to jump in to do any task needed on site
- Experience opening new hospitality spaces -- hotels, restaurants etc.
- Understanding of agriculture
- Hourly compensation based on experience
- $300/month stipend towards health insurance
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineMarch 19, 2021