General Manager - Food Safety Officer The Nut House & Country Market
- Date Posted February 18, 2021
- Location Ridge Spring, SC
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Full-Time
Yon Family Farms is looking to hire a full time Store Manager and Food Safety Officer to oversee the further processing of in-shell pecans to pecan halves and pecan candies. This manager will be responsible for day to day operations and in-store sales at The Nut House & Country Market as well as sales of pecans, pecan candy, and beef to wholesale markets (retail/foodservice).
Manages team of 2-3 part time store staff and 5-10 seasonal processing employees. Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees for pecan processing, kitchen and store front duties. Oversees operational elements such as scheduling and assigning employees. Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing operational and personnel policies and procedures. Retains employee records.
Store & Kitchen Management
Coordinates further processing of in-shell pecans to pecan halves and pecan candies. Works with kitchen staff to assist with purchasing of ingredients and supplies for production, as well as production schedule. Ensures availability of merchandise by maintaining inventories and managing stock orders for resale (includes fresh and shelf stable products). Coordinates logistics of in store sales, mail orders, and bulk shipments to fulfill customer needs in a timely fashion.
Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with all legal requirements, including DHEC, SC Dept of Agriculture Food Safety Regulations and all local/state/national rules & regulations. Attends Food Safety trainings as appropriate. Oversees facility food safety plans and programs. Provides periodic food safety trainings to employees.
Sales & Marketing
Oversees sale of pecan candies and local goods through in-store and online avenues. Markets merchandise by advertising, sales promotions, and rotating displays in store. Maintains store social media presence on Facebook & Instagram, as well as targeted customer outreach (loyalty programs, emails, etc). Coordinates and promotes sale of raw pecans and pecan candies to wholesale markets (retail/foodservice). Analyzes data from product sales to assess profitability and product viability.
Oversees sale of Yon Family Farms freezer beef. Markets product (single cuts and whole/half steers) to in-store customers and local restaurant customers. Explore growth in other markets (retail, foodservice, mail order, etc). Work with Yon Family Farms to manage inventory and processing schedule.
May include but are not limited to grant writing, conducting tours and light building/property/equipment maintenance
Skills and Qualifications:
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
- “Can-do” attitude
- Self starter
- Capable of lifting 50+ pounds consistently/routinely
- Sales Experience
- Excellent written & verbal communicator
- Computer savvy (experience with Square Services and social media marketing a plus)
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- 1-2 years managing employees and/or a team
- 1-2 years in a customer service role
- Experience in food safety, wholesale markets, and/or retail preferred
- Interest in social media marketing
- Full time position
- Requires some Saturdays during off season (January - October) and will need availability 6 days/week (Monday - Saturday) in November/December.
- Pay negotiable and commiserate with experience
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline