Market Lead Local Roots Market and Cafe
- Date Posted February 19, 2021
- Location Wooster, OH
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Part-Time
Local Roots is a vibrant Co-op that features seasonal, sustainable foods and art from more than 250 local producers and a growing retail program. We connect the community with environmentally and socially responsible businesses locally, regionally, and globally.
Local Roots was established in 2009 by volunteers who, with community support, turned an empty building into a vibrant marketplace showcasing local food and handmade gifts. The Local Roots business model was developed with the help of small farmers. A year-round market where producers do not have to be on-site allows farmers to stay in their fields and gardens and expand production.
Join the leadership team at Local Roots Market and Café, a local grocery cooperative and help drive the growth of access to local foods. This role places you at the center of the fast-evolving local food landscape. You will help showcase and sell market inventory featuring the best quality local products from more than 250 consignment vendors and a growing retail program.
This position will be responsible for the daily management of a locally focused grocery market. It will report to the company’s Executive Director and share daily recaps with other Market Leads:
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with local farmers and food producers, seek to find and develop new opportunities to bring local food to the market.
- Manage the daily tidiness and cleanliness and safety of the market
- Responsible for daily sales, inventory management, inventory receiving, market cleanliness
- Ensure product compliance with all licensing, hygiene and health and safety regulations
- Manage register operations and ensures cash reconciliation processes are followed by all associates
- Provide direction to staff members to achieve daily, weekly and monthly tasks
- Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Qualified individuals will demonstrate evidence of the following skills, attributes and experiences:
- Self-starter, hard worker and confident leader, customer service driven
- Passionate local and/or natural food enthusiast. Interested in making healthy and local food accessible and convenient.
- Food retail management experience (minimum 2 years)
- Leadership experience: ability to manage additional staff, operations, P&L, multitask, etc.
- Commitment to customer experience: maintain high standards of customer service, be responsive to customer feedback.
- Reliable, organized, clear communicator.
- Constant drive to improve.
- Must have or gain proficiency in Excel, POS and accounting software
Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineMarch 30, 2021