Manager Permaculture Landscaping Red Ant Work, Inc.
- Date Posted April 13, 2021
- Location Park City, UT
- Category Business
- Job type Full-Time
We offer horticultural care and design / build services.
Founder wishes to step away from daily operations and seeks company manager.
We are best known for our organic practices, our attentive customer service, crew knowledge / training and our inclusive work culture.
We have been voted “Best Landscaper” in Park City several years in a row.
This position is for admin / management as well as project management. Our precious snowmelt determines sitework commencement each spring and runs roughly April - October.Job description
This salaried position with benefits is for 7-8 months per year with some admin work both pre and post-season.
This position provides open space in the winter for volunteering / travel / 2nd job or skiing the Wasatch Mountains.
THIS POSITION IS A 2+ YEAR COMMITMENT.
“Old school founder” from the 90’s and no website. Our work is word of mouth.
COVID protocols: Last season we rocked our commitments to one another and our community by having zero positive cases on our crew.
Position responsibilities and activities – the intent of this list is to describe the nature and scope of this position. Hiring is not contingent upon mastery of each of these elements. Experience in each of these areas is preferred but not a required to apply for the position. Salary is determined by experience in each of these categories.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS & DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Horticultural care
- Landscape construction / project management
- Water flows, catchment, grading for optimum storage / retention
- Soil health / biology
- Site management: running crews and interface with clients
- Daily, weekly and annual paperwork / documentation
- Project scheduling
- Non-violent communication and conflict resolution
- Fleet management & care (3 vehicles)
- Inventory management / ordering
- Vendor & subcontractor coordination
- Budgeting & resource allotment
- Tool care and maintenance
- Machine operation
- Physical stamina for the rigors of site work
- Balance personal / professional time management
- Collaboration with hiring
- Assistance with spring, crew orientation and training protocols
- Site management
- Human resource recordkeeping
- Work with staff whose English is second+ language
- Conflict processing / resolution
- Team-building / trust-building
- Cultivating playfulness and fun while maintaining safe workspace
- Upholding safety and Covid protocols
- Continued study, education & coursework
- Modeling disciplines and standards you would like to see in your crew
- Company community service
- Working alongside Gaian/permaculture systems to achieve client goals & co-worker relations
- Upholding social and environmental ethos and company tenets
- Self-reflection / self-awareness / courageous devoir
- Collaboration with founder
- After second year, development into new areas of company focus
- Salaried position
- 7-8 month season of site work
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Season-end bonus commensurate with accomplishments and profits
- Paid vacation – 40 hours (can take post-season or during)
- Paid holidays during sitework season
- Self-care: optional monthly acupuncture and massage
- Retirement account with matching contribution after first year
- Season is weather dependent and generally runs April – November (compliments winter travel / volunteering / ski jobs)
- There is pre and post-site season administrative work
*This position will start virtually and with an hourly training wage prior to sitework commencement.Compensation this position is : salaried, 50k-75k Application instructions