Market Gardener- Temp Housing Avail Trillium Brewing Company
- Date Posted April 15, 2021
- Location North Stonington, MA
- Category Agriculture
- Job type Full-Time
The Market Gardener will be a part of our first farming project at our property in North Stonington Connecticut. We are looking for a self motivated individual to execute our plans for this growing season. This position will help integrate our farm operations into the Trillium ecosystem which includes craft breweries, beer gardens, and a restaurant.
There is a modern, furnished farm house on the property that the Market Gardener can use for up to 90 days while looking for more permanent housing.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
● Adhere to Trillium Brewing Company’s high standard for health and safety and respect for the land
● Maintain a 1.4 acre Market Garden including preparing beds, building caterpillar tunnels, and establishing paths.
● Managing the planting, harvesting, and storing of crops to ensure best quality.
● Use of a full range of hand tools and agricultural machinery such as small tractors with accessories in a safe manner.
● Ensure all equipment and tools are in good safe working order, kept secure, clean, and returned to their storage location after use.
● Purchasing seeds and/or plants as well as other tools and supplies as necessary.
Planning and Record Keeping
● Keeping accurate records of purchases and updating budget.
● Keeping accurate records of farming activities.
● Identify and recommend any additional resources necessary to complete first season growing.
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
Desired Qualifications and Abilities
Education and Experience
● Farm management coursework, diploma, or degree preferred
● Experience with crop management software
● Permanent, no-till bed establishment and management
● Biointensive market gardening techniques
● Experience and knowledge in growing fruits, vegetables, herbs, flowers, and fruit
● Experience working with a wide variety of tools and agricultural equipment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
● Capable of working from plans provided
● Ability to stand, stoop, bend and lift items up to 55 lbs repetitively unassisted
● Ability to work extended periods without oversight
● Awareness of health and safety standards
● Good communication skills
● Demonstrated ability to plan work over an extended schedule Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions